new stereo/phone issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCDAWG

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Raptor and just had a new stereo installed. Same interface just new speakers, amp and subwoofers. Since getting it back the stereo sounds awesome but when it switches to "phone" it becomes very "tinny" and barely audible. Phone volume is all the way up.

Does the system switch to different speaker for phone calls vs. stereo?

Again, it works great when playing music from my phone, just not with phone calls.

Thoughts?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2024 Raptor and just had a new stereo installed. Same interface just new speakers, amp and subwoofers. Since getting it back the stereo sounds awesome but when it switches to "phone" it becomes very "tinny" and barely audible. Phone volume is all the way up.

Does the system switch to different speaker for phone calls vs. stereo?

Again, it works great when playing music from my phone, just not with phone calls.

Thoughts?
No. It uses the same speakers.

OP
OP
NCDAWG

NCDAWG

Reaction score
i guess to ask it differently, does "phone talk" use a specific speaker vs all. I want to make sure they didn't "short" a specific speaker if that is the case. I read somewhere that "phone talk" uses the center channel only but haven't been able to confirm.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New head unit working off the B&O amp?!?!? How are the speakers tied into the head unit? Most likely your phone, nav, and chimes are coming from the cluster behind the dash.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i guess to ask it differently, does "phone talk" use a specific speaker vs all. I want to make sure they didn't "short" a specific speaker if that is the case. I read somewhere that "phone talk" uses the center channel only but haven't been able to confirm.
First, how did you set up your system? Did you incorporate the use of a NavTV or that PAC Audio harness? Doing so would eliminate the center channel, headrest & ceiling speakers…”if” your system is setup this way. When you said “just had a new stereo installed”, did you replace the 12“ productivity screen?

Try this…with your new system on at a comfortable volume, make a phone call to someone. If the phone call volume is faint, adjust it using the volume knob “during the call.” Important that this is done during the call. Doing this ”should” only affect the phone call volume and not the current volume of your music, which you previously set before the phone call. It’s sorta like a separate setting for phone call volume vs music volume, if you will.

For example in the wifey’s ride…we’d punch in the navigation to go somewhere & turn on some sounds as we enjoy the ride to BFE. While she’s driving & I’m chill’en to the music, she’d complain that the navigations prompts were chiming in at a low volume and could barely be hurd. Easy fix. During the next Navi prompt, I dialed up the volume while Siri, or whoever the hell she is, was giving directions. Once that prompt ended, the radio volume returned back to where it was previously set. Good luck!