New Roush tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Johnson

Reaction score
I have a couple buddies with gen 1 roush stage 2 setups. The tune definitely leaves more to be desired. Very conservative, speed limiter and much of the torque management is still enabled. I imagine the gen 2 tune is much the same.

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a couple buddies with gen 1 roush stage 2 setups. The tune definitely leaves more to be desired. Very conservative, speed limiter and much of the torque management is still enabled. I imagine the gen 2 tune is much the same.

>>> speed limiter and much of the torque management <<<
What is the maximum rated speed for the tires?
What is the maximum torque the transmission is capable of handling before it wrung itself apart?
Now! Please define Conservative!

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
>>> speed limiter and much of the torque management <<<
What is the maximum rated speed for the tires?
What is the maximum torque the transmission is capable of handling before it wrung itself apart?
Now! Please define Conservative!

Com'on, what's the big deal if a tire explodes at 130 mph in a high center of gravity vehicle with soft suspension?

Big Johnson

Reaction score
All I am saying is it is a very safe tune. Not saying it is ******. It has a warranty for a reason. But if I was to spend that kind of money on a blower kit I would want to be able to boil the tires anytime I choose. If the tune doesnt even allow me to do a burnout why did I buy a blower? I don't want to get into a debate about tires speed rating or transmission tolerances. Anyone who puts a blower on a bone stock setup is playing with fire one way or another. Lots of higher horsepower setups out there than roush that have survived many hard miles. So it is possible.

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I am saying is it is a very safe tune. Not saying it is ******. It has a warranty for a reason. But if I was to spend that kind of money on a blower kit I would want to be able to boil the tires anytime I choose. If the tune doesnt even allow me to do a burnout why did I buy a blower? I don't want to get into a debate about tires speed rating or transmission tolerances. Anyone who puts a blower on a bone stock setup is playing with fire one way or another. Lots of higher horsepower setups out there than roush that have survived many hard miles. So it is possible.
>>> But if I was to spend that kind of money on a blower kit I would want to be able to boil the tires anytime I choose. <<<
AND! As a result of you just COOKing that " Tire " which wasn't rated for that flamboyant performance, an accident occur and a Mother and her 3 and 5 year old kids DIED! (Burnt ALIVE )
Unfortunately, you survived!
NOW! Let see how many Person, or Persons, plus the various Companies that assisted in your irresponsible behavior will be named in this highly publicized Law suit.
Please don't take this personal.
This is just one of the many possible scenarios that could unfolds.