New Falken Wildpeak AT4W

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to love them, but I am finishing up 3 days of snow driving on K02s... grip like mad, lightweight, and they last a good while. The first hour or 2 when it rains (oils, dirt) is the one area where I would say K02s are weak, but... the AT4W... 76lbs for a C rated is too heavy for me. That's almost an added 13lbs of rotational (unsprung too) weight per tire to get going and get stopped.

-though did someone debunk rotational weight fuel efficiency penalties? ... at any rate - emergency stopping and ... elective launching would certainly be hindered by adding 13lbs per tire.
Not totally debunked, apples to apples (same size tire to same size tire) weight is something to consider, 13lbs per tire is quite a bit.

Where the debunking is, is going up in size and then saying 5lbs per tire cost a lot of power. What happens when going to larger (taller) tires is a loss of gear ratio.

Here is an explanation I did in another thread.

Rattpter

Reaction score
Most excellent suggestion and an idea that has crossed my mind
I really don't need the 3 ply anyway
I'm not a rock crawling kinda guy
Thank you!
I have the 315/70/17 AT3W load E, that is 10 ply rated. The E vs C rating usually adds a few lbs., but a little more durable & allows higher PSI for heavy loads or towing(I know, Raptors are not for towing). These are heavier tires and the AT4W's are even a few lbs. more, so if your concerned about weight there are many other options. I run 37 front/32 rear, anything above that and your ride will stiffen up.

IMO, the AT3W rides/tracks well, great in wet, great in snow, I haven't experienced much heavy ice yet. They have a decent "look", not too aggressive but also don't look like a street tire. Most importantly for me, they are quiet & are wearing well. My K02's on my other truck ride much different, don't feel the traction is better, and are noisier, which gets worse as they wear. If I jump up to a 37", I would consider a lighter tire.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I have the Falken WildPeaks AT3W on both my Raptor and the wife's Jeep Cherokee and they have been fantastic! Super grip on ice and snow and wet roads. They have one of the deepest treads depths. Son had the KO2's on his truck and on ice and snow he was all over the place. They wore down so fast and chunked out first time he went off roading on mountain roads.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand the weight gain and that does concern me but I'm no longer a big ko2 fan.
I've run 3 sets of them and am not going back.
Personally I'm not a huge fan of their performance on snow and ice
Also to your point they suck on wet roads.
Than there is the increased road noise as the ko2's age, they get so damn loud.
I live on a mountain in western SD and am looking for better winter performance
Hence the appeal of the Falkens and the Mickey Thompson baja boss AT
I also debated straight up winter tire but they seem impossible to find these days
Would have bought some of the nokians l2t or lt3 but they are nowhere to be found.
Perhaps I'll only run the Falkens or Mikeys in the winter.
Decisions, decisions
Thank you for your feedback tho, much appreciated
KO2 is TRASH. I wanna try the Falken RTs after AT3Ws wear out in 10 years.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Falken WildPeaks AT3W on both my Raptor and the wife's Jeep Cherokee and they have been fantastic! Super grip on ice and snow and wet roads. They have one of the deepest treads depths. Son had the KO2's on his truck and on ice and snow he was all over the place. They wore down so fast and chunked out first time he went off roading on mountain roads.
every single word mentioned here is accurate.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well considering the price difference than KOs, Ill have to give these AT3s a try. I see the max pressure is 35 psi, what sorta pressures are you guys running on these?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KO2 is TRASH. I wanna try the Falken RTs after AT3Ws wear out in 10 years.
I would buy RT’s today if they weren’t all E load. Give us a C or D in 37

I don’t see a AT4 in C or D either, at least not 37