Never been so happy to pay list price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stolenmojo

Reaction score
So long story short, I have been looking for a new Raptor in the Phoenix Az area for about 3 weeks. Most dealers here want 5k over list. Of the 1 or 2 dealers that will sell at list price, they never have any available and I did not want to have to order one and have to wait 8+ weeks as I assumed one would eventually come available.

Today as I do most days, I call the dealers as their websites are never up to date to see if any came in and I get the same answers. "None are available within 1000 miles and all dealers in Phoenix charge 5k over list" I told him that is not true and some do sell at list and he basically wanted to argue with me over this subject. When one does become available it becomes a bidding war along with so much BS that today I just couldn't take it any more.

I went online and found a dealer in Denver that had 3 on their lot for list price. I spent a total of 20 minutes chatting online and one quick phone call and for $500 shipping my new Raptor will be here next week. So sure, I spent $500 over list but it is the exact Raptor and options I wanted.

I dislike the whole buying process at dealers but was hoping to support the local dealers with my hard earned cash.

Bottom line, if you are in Phoenix or another similar hot Raptor market, just go to Ebay or other site and fine a dealer that has them in stock for list price or lower and do the deal. You will save yourself a big headache.

Many of these out of state dealers also do trades which was a shock to me. Send them pictures, vin number etc and they will make you an offer. I chose against the trade solely because I already have my car sold but it was shocking to me that this was even an option.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used '10 raptor almost 2 yrs ago now that had only 4K miles on it with all the options I wanted BUT I had to drive from Tulsa, OK to KY. to get it. Was it worth it? HELL YES it was. There were very few Raptors here in OK and surrounding states at the time and they not willing to deal. The KY dealer worked with me and just like you said, I gave them my VIN and a couple of pics and they gave me a better trade in deal than I could get local.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was worth it to me to save 5K and wait 3 months but hey you got a Raptor coming next week! Congrats and enjoy!!

chumpchange10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Maryland and have bought 2 Roush 13's in as many weeks, Made the dealer buy the first one back. ( Dont ask I won't tell ) traded each time below MSRP and a good number for my trade. Only way to shop !!