Need tire/lift advice pls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cristian H

Reaction score
Hey y'all. Would love some guidance on a few things. First of all, I use my 18 Raptor mostly for hauling two sons around and city driving. I take it off roading 5 times a year and take about 3 long road trips a year.

I love the look of it, but I'd like bigger more aggressive tires than the K02s. I'd also like the truck to sit higher. Honestly, there's nothing practical about this truck for me and that's partly why I love it.

My budget is around 2k, which may or may not be realistic. Here's what I'm considering and I'd love some feedback. Not looking for shit talking or banter. I've driven factory 4Runners almost my entire life so most of this is new to me.

For the "lift" I'm looking at the SST 2.5"
https://www.readylift.com/2-5-...ford-raptor-4wd-2017-2018.html

For tires I'm looking at 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. I have a strong preference on keeping the factory wheels (17s). Love the look of them.

Will this combo work without a lot of rubbing? What can I expect in terms of drive feel? What other options would you guys recommend to get a lift and bigger tires?

Thanks in advance from this Raptor Rookie

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will cut to the chase- for the most part, unless you wanna start talking bout mid-travel big $$$ suspension setups, 37”s are no bueno on the Raptor as they arguably are a performance detractor if not wrong done correctly on a truck w/ the right setup.

for $2k budget if you want a more leveled truck gaining 1.8-2.5” or so in front & up to 1.5” in rear gotta look at some combo of geiser or eibach front springs & either icon or deaver leaf springs (they both offer varying levels of stiffness/added height so there are multiple combos how you can set these components up for amount of level vs raked look & depending how much weight you’ll carry and if you tow etc

You’ll need a bump stop extension or something to assist w/ the loss of
Factory bump stop when swapping out stock rear leafs- there are also
A number of options on how you tackle this & the correct hardware depends on how you’ll be using the truck - this can range from $200-$2000

but in general between the front/rear springs + cheapest rear bump stop solution you can make your $2k budget

but then you’ll need to
Pay for install & alignment which will run ya $500 or so I suppsoe