Need help, Nav/entertainment system is loosing power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So far all i have done is get the main Nav/TV box and unplug and replug it in and it hasn't happened again (so far). i dont know if the connections just end up vibrating loose or what but I am going to keep an eye on it for a while longer. I really dont want to have to completely uninstall the unit just to find out.

I wasn't sure if that fixed it for me but I did that at havoc and didn't have another issue after that. Like you said, might just be vibrating loose. Do you have your nav tv boxes secured down?

OP
OP
D

drtexas72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up to this point it has fixed it. I'm going to wait a little while and then post up later as to whether or not it fixed it. maybe in about a month or two.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Up to today I still haven't lost power again so I think that the main box wire harness was just getting loose.

Good to know!

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

10388-fms-website2.jpg

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i also have nav tv , my screen went blank once for a short trip to the store . When I restarted the truck after shopping there was no probs . Also my rear camera comes on every time I start the truck , I have to shift to D or push the rear defroster to turn the camera off . Is this normal ?

D

Deleted member 12951

i also have nav tv , my screen went blank once for a short trip to the store . When I restarted the truck after shopping there was no probs . Also my rear camera comes on every time I start the truck , I have to shift to D or push the rear defroster to turn the camera off . Is this normal ?

Are you remote starting it and its cold outside?

D

Deleted member 12951

There is a known bug that because they use the two temp control buttons for the by-pass buttons that when you remote start it, those buttons are activated by the remote start when set to Auto that it trips the rear camera in the display. Nav-tv is aware of the issue and was told they are working on a fix that you can use the USB connection to update when it becomes available. I have no idea what their target release date might be, I was told this information from Noah @The Car Stereo Company

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is a known bug that because they use the two temp control buttons for the by-pass buttons that when you remote start it, those buttons are activated by the remote start when set to Auto that it trips the rear camera in the display. Nav-tv is aware of the issue and was told they are working on a fix that you can use the USB connection to update when it becomes available. I have no idea what their target release date might be, I was told this information from Noah @The Car Stereo Company

Good to know!