My new baby on her way home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Froadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer about your old truck. My Gen2 had the engine replaced, thankfully it was still under warranty. Fingers crossed for the new truck.

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer about your old truck. My Gen2 had the engine replaced, thankfully it was still under warranty. Fingers crossed for the new truck.
My Gen2 had the cam phasers changed under warranty. I am hoping third times the charm.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I just had a second key made and I’ve only had my gen 2 for like 3 months and I asked the guy at the dealership about the cam phasers and he told me that’s a common issue but when they replace them they usually upgrade them and there pretty much done no more issues so now I’m not so sure this is your 3rd time? Please give me any info you can thank you for your help

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Hi I just had a second key made and I’ve only had my gen 2 for like 3 months and I asked the guy at the dealership about the cam phasers and he told me that’s a common issue but when they replace them they usually upgrade them and there pretty much done no more issues so now I’m not so sure this is your 3rd time? Please give me any info you can thank you for your help

The software needs to be upgraded, original root cause of the problem. Ford also has updated the parts for when they do make the noise. So if the software wasn't completed it will still have issues with the newest updated parts.

Tons and tons of phaser thread on here or any F150 site.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow I thought it was just a mechanical issue software was never mentioned thank you very much

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not have three cam phaser issues. I had one on my Gen2. My Gen3 37pp had a bad windshield seal which led to a ton of electrical issues and a buyback. I am now on my third Raptor.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I miss understood but thank you and congratulations on your 3rd raptor nice keep on trucking