MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked for linear.... not juiced. I'm not sure if what I got is the stock setting but whatever it is its fine.

Ok. I chose not to do anything different with their throttle tuning yet. I'm thinking with the trans tuning close to stock that the throttle response more sensitive it may not be an issue. Worst case scenario I have them make an adjustment once I try the tunes.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my tunes yesterday and loaded them on the nGauge. Currently have the 91PRX tune loaded. It was raining last night on my way home and I didn't have time to mess around with it this morning on my way to work. So other than a few chances to just roll in the throttle I've really not had chance to try it out.

With the nGauge in gauge mode I was pretty shocked with the IAT2 temps. I'm not sure where this sensor is but under normal easy driving conditions that temp is 30 - 40 degress above air temp. Is that sensor after the turbo and intercooler? Is this normal?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the nGauge in gauge mode I was pretty shocked with the IAT2 temps. I'm not sure where this sensor is but under normal easy driving conditions that temp is 30 - 40 degress above air temp. Is that sensor after the turbo and intercooler? Is this normal?

Should be after the intercooler - and yes, normal with the ****** OEM IC... Put a proper relocated IC on and those temps drop to not much more than ambient, within 10 degrees.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be after the intercooler - and yes, normal with the ****** OEM IC... Put a proper relocated IC on and those temps drop to not much more than ambient, within 10 degrees.

I had read a couple places that the factory IC worked well under typical driving conditions. Is that not the case?

Do you have a relocated IC?

Does anyone know if there has been data collected on the efficiency difference between stock and aftermarket IC's?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had read a couple places that the factory IC worked well under typical driving conditions. Is that not the case?

Do you have a relocated IC?

Does anyone know if there has been data collected on the efficiency difference between stock and aftermarket IC's?

The factory IC is pretty pathetic really - and combine that with a license plate that blocks 80% of the airflow to the IC... Yes I have the full race relocated IC - there is data floating about and there is no comparison between the stock and relocated ICs. OEM will heatsoak in one dyno pull, a good relocated IC will go all day with zero heatsoak.

Pic for reference.

IMG_5024.jpg

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I went with the Full Race IC and the 93 PRX tune. I have not had a chance to mount the NGauge, so I do not know the IAT2 temps, but I am interested to see the difference.

Did you mount your NGauge or do you just have it sitting in the console?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the Full Race IC and the 93 PRX tune. I have not had a chance to mount the NGauge, so I do not know the IAT2 temps, but I am interested to see the difference.

Did you mount your NGauge or do you just have it sitting in the console?

I'll be curious to hear your results.

I bought the suction cup mount and have it installed at the bottom left of the windshield. i pulled the pillar trim off and was able to hide the cord completely.

Also I don't run a front plate or bracket. PA doesn't require a front plate.

Doing some looking for aftermarket inter coolers I saw CJ's sells a Misimoto cooler that only advertises a 10 degree drop over factory temps. That's not even worth it.

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doing some looking for aftermarket inter coolers I saw CJ's sells a Misimoto cooler that only advertises a 10 degree drop over factory temps. That's not even worth it.

The stock location for an intercooler is not ideal - not enough airflow. The Raptor is the only vehicle that I've ever seen with FANS on the IC... because without them, there isn't enough airflow over the IC. The design is a huge compromise IMO and a relocated IC is miles better.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The stock location for an intercooler is not ideal - not enough airflow. The Raptor is the only vehicle that I've ever seen with FANS on the IC... because without them, there isn't enough airflow over the IC. The design is a huge compromise IMO and a relocated IC is miles better.

I'm sure the location would help air flow. But I wonder if the fans were needed for all around or just put in for better cooling for low speed off road stuff. You'd think if the IC needed fans for normal running they'd have spec'd a better IC. Couldn't have cost Ford that much more money.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I m with MPT, my summer is not hot, and someone gave me the suggestion is keeping the stock IC if i m not going Off road. PS: Front plate skid removed also.