MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running MPT tune(s) currently and agree that their customer support is light years ahead of the "other" folks. Of course, when Cobb finally markets the AP for the Raptor, I'll be switching to Cobb so I can tweak it myself using the Cobb Accesstuner software.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPT is solid. I originally had the 93prx 91prx. Started with the 93prx and it just seemed to be a little too aggresive from a deadstop for my start and stop daily driving in town. I went back to MPT and they gave me a little bit more of a linear trans change to that tune(Version 2). Loaded that, and it was alot better. Then i learned (via this site) that you can also request they turn the start/stop engine thingy off. So i went back to them and asked for that to be added. In 24hrs, i had Version 3. What i think is kinda decent is that they don't over-ride the tunes you already got from them. They just make you another version. So i have the original (V1), (V2), and (V3). If only they could provide me a version that did the auto folding mirrors, it would be perfect(not ready for the forscan just yet). I also heard they can turn off the speed limiter too...didn't do that though...

Either way, love the tune...and the customer service is impeccable!

The Ngauge is great, very easy to use...very easy to change tunes and set back to stock. I also bought the suction cup mount and put in the lower left corner, it kinda rests right on the dash there and easy viewing. The wire does need to run down of course but i made that work. One thing about mounting it there, depending on where you might park, the sun is kinda blasting it...i've came out of work and its been pretty hot. I can tell its pretty hot in the truck when my iphone won't even start up because it needs to cool down. Been thinking about just carrying a small towel in the truck and when i park it for a long time, throwing the towel up over it just to keep the sun from blasting it for the 8hrs i'm at work.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also bought the suction cup mount and put in the lower left corner, it kinda rests right on the dash there and easy viewing. The wire does need to run down of course but i made that work. One thing about mounting it there, depending on where you might park, the sun is kinda blasting it...i've came out of work and its been pretty hot. I can tell its pretty hot in the truck when my iphone won't even start up because it needs to cool down. Been thinking about just carrying a small towel in the truck and when i park it for a long time, throwing the towel up over it just to keep the sun from blasting it for the 8hrs i'm at work.

I am waiting on parts for my build which includes MPT tunes and a FR cooler, among other things. I am wondering why you want to mount the NGauge in your truck? I have used VMP, 5-Star and other tuners in the past, and I never needed the tuner in my truck except when I was changing my tune. Does it give you real-time information while you are driving that you cannot get with other factory gauges?

RobertH6657

Reaction score
I too have the suction cup mount. MPT took 15 seconds and pulled the Driver side panel of the dash back and tucked the wire in there. It's the upper left panel that has the small F-150 emblem on it. It makes a pretty scary creaking sound when pulling it back, but it pulls back. You cannot see the wire at all now. I am going to leave the nGauge on the dash/window for a while or at least until I test it out at the local drag strip to see how she runs and record some data for Mike at MPT. He asked me to do that. It does not record 1/4 mile time or anything like that, but it records timing, spark advance, boost psig, Load (max is 2.0), and Inlet Air Temp (this is the air temperature after the IC and what is entering the plenum. You can tap the nGauge and record data and then tap the red button that pops up, to stop recording. Like i said, very sweet.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

TX Raptor - Yes, it provides live data, the data I mentioned previously. I did not mean to say timing above. I meant to say Coolant Temperature in lieu of "timing". Sorry.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

It also has 6 LEDs across the top of the nGauge so that when you are driving you can tell when your engine is laboring. First three lights are Green, next is Yellow, the last two are Red. When you are hammering it, and you hit the first Red LED, then you need to be paying close attention to how hard you're pushing the engine. BTW - MPT told me point blank that the only two additional things I should buy are an upgraded IC and a t-stat. Getting that IAT temperature down is the single most important thing on these engines. The IC and t-stat get help you get that. EGTs are a non-factor on the stock exhaust, according to what they said. Apparently, the stock exhaust on the Raptor manages flow and EGTs very good as is. The rest of the bolt on toys offer very little gains. They know as they have dyno tested all the bolt-on parts out there. I think Guy actually said similar comments.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW - MPT told me point blank that the only two additional things I should buy are an upgraded IC and a t-stat. Getting that IAT temperature down is the single most important thing on these engines. The IC and t-stat get help you get that. EGTs are a non-factor on the stock exhaust, according to what they said. Apparently, the stock exhaust on the Raptor manages flow and EGTs very good as is. The rest of the bolt on toys offer very little gains. They know as they have dyno tested all the bolt-on parts out there. I think Guy actually said similar comments.

That is great to hear! I ordered the Full Race IC and the 170 t-stat, plus the SP542 spark plugs.

I am also doing the SPD Turbo Adapters and the Flowmaster Flow FX muffler, but I realize they are both "sound enhancements" and not performance upgrades... :biggrin:

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am waiting on parts for my build which includes MPT tunes and a FR cooler, among other things. I am wondering why you want to mount the NGauge in your truck? I have used VMP, 5-Star and other tuners in the past, and I never needed the tuner in my truck except when I was changing my tune. Does it give you real-time information while you are driving that you cannot get with other factory gauges?

You don't have to mount it...but i like to see the boost and knock. I also like to use the colored lights as a quick way of seeing when i'm good(green) and when i might not be (red). Plus its also just personnel preference. It could be that its all new to me, Raptor, Ngauge, a tuned truck and i feel i need to use it since i paid for it and i think its cool...who knows, it might end up in my glove box in a year. But for now, i like it being there, i like viewing the info.

Last edited:

RobertH6657

Reaction score
I think your 18' Raptor is going to be bad ass and will walk away from that 10' Raptor you have. MPT's 93-PRX tune is amazing. I have dyno report in my hand verifying torque at rear wheel of 445 ft-lbs of torque. Assuming 30% loss over the slush box and those huge heavy BFG KO2 tires, that equates to a very conservative 635 ft-lb of torque at the engine. 510 ft-lbs is supposedly stock. OMG! You shall see just how alive the Raptor becomes. It's not the same truck anymore.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to mount it...but i like to see the boost and knock. I also like to use the colored lights as a quick way of seeing when i'm good(green) and when i might not be (red). Plus its also just personnel preference. It could be that its all new to me, Raptor, Ngauge, a tuned truck and i feel i need to use it since i paid for it and i think its cool...who knows, it might end up in my glove box in a year. But for now, i like it being there, i like viewing the info.

I like seeing the info too. I can’t imagine life without it now. I think that the ngauge looks better than some of the other gauges sold on here, can do more, and is comparable in price.

Olsen185

Reaction score
My wife just surprised me with a MPT Ngauge today for my 18 screw. I see a lot of talk about picking different tunes but I didn’t see anything other then the 93-prx on their website. Others I’ve seen mentioned is a 91 and a towing tune. What other tunes are available?

VSTOLG4

Reaction score