More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are supposed to have some knock retard.

3-5
Degrees is normal. It has that stock as well.

If you get above 8.... that's when you know it's tuned too hot.

When you say no detonation, do you mean no positive knock (upper right box) on the nGuage or no audible "ping"?

My buddy datalogged his tune and we didn't hear detonation but we saw some knock retard of a few degrees on the nGuage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running MPT tune with Kooks down pipes turbo adapters and o2 sensor extenders?

Muska

Reaction score
Little update - got the tune installed today. Went with 91 as I'm in New Mexico and don't have 93.

All I can say is the tune is great! Afe scorcher is for sale lol. You cannot compare the two. Excited to spend some more time behind the wheel.

Side not, all your forscan stuff is not affected by the tune. Remote start / stop disable remained.

Msisle

Reaction score
I've just installed the 93 tune (performance tow) and the first impression is very, very good.
I've only driven a few miles with it but you can feel immediately the progress on the transmission and it feels like you have much more torque at low rpm.

Can't wait to load the most performant tune to go into the desert !

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

One more thing. For those who already installed the Ngauge, can you post some pics of your install ? How do fix the wire from Ngauge to ODB ?
Thanks

25ktrading

Reaction score
I installed the latest tune they sent me last night.
this is the version 3 93 octane tune.
I asked them to leave throttle response and transmission stock

So far i think this tune has nailed it. Very good drive-ability. no knock. Really happy. huge power but not twitchy when you leave the throttle and trans alone.

Also don't forget to ask for your start stop disabled. so nice to have that gone

Last edited:

dwiyrick

Reaction score
What additional mods do you have? Exhaust or intake? Turbo adapter? Downpipes?
Or do you just have the MPT tunes to get such great feel?

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MacG - I posted earlier that I have the AFE catted downpipes and running the MPT 91 PR-X tune which is the performance one and trans tune. No problems, perfect. I'm running 37" cooper sst pro mud terrains and it roasts those things easy. Very good smooth shifts in normal, sport and baja. Get the tune.

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MacG - I posted earlier that I have the AFE catted downpipes and running the MPT 91 PR-X tune which is the performance one and trans tune. No problems, perfect. I'm running 37" cooper sst pro mud terrains and it roasts those things easy. Very good smooth shifts in normal, sport and baja. Get the tune.

No check engine light?