Moonroof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
Meh...

I've had a sunroof/moonroof in my last four cars; simply because they came with the packages that I picked out. I couldn't get my Raptor without one, if I could have I would have.

I think I can count, on one hand, the amount of times I've used (opened) my sunroof on the last two vehicles I've owned. It's just becoming too difficult to get a car/truck without one.

If you can get a Raptor without one, good luck. But I agree a Raptor with one is better than no Raptor at all.

Cliff

bsimms89

Reaction score
I've had my truck for about 4 months with only 5,000 miles on it and last week one morning I got in to drive to work. I had been raining all night and as I was turning off my street I noticed water dripping from the passenger grab handle. Then when I inspected closer the entire roof lining on the passenger side was wet. I of course took it to the dealer and I was pretty pissed to have bought a brand new truck and have a water leak in the roof. Sure enough they said that there was a drain tube for the moonroof and they said that is was clogged with spiderwebs which caused it to back up and flood water into the cab. I would have thought that the glass would be sealed from the cabing when closed so that there wouldn't be a possibility for this to happen. Needless to say I was not happy with it and was immediatly worried about mold in the headliner or rust due to water being trapped in there, but the dealer said that they just cleared the tube and dried the roof and that's all their authorized to do under warranty. Oh and when I dropped it off there the dealer said they were backed up and wouldn't get to look at it for a couple days, and sure enough they left it outside in their lot and it was raining pretty much every day that week. And their answer was just if it happens again to bring it back. So I'm pretty unhappy about getting one with a moonroof to say the least

kboss87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previous daily had a sunroof, and I never used it. My Raptor does not have it, and I've never thought about it.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's not for everyone, but I love mine. In fact I used it to eyeball a classic UH-1H Iroquois fly over me today. It's the little things that enlighten me. Womp Womp Womp, sorry I went in to remembrance mode.