Misfire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Good morning,

Driving home over a few hours I honed in on a slight "bump" in throttle at highway speeds, both in cruise control and out. I would say almost once a minute it stumbles for half a second. No change on the tach, no idle fluctuations. If I don't focus on it, I don't notice it. When I'm on the throttle I do not notice it. Found a few threads on here but they all went cold.

Details: A/C on, cruising speeds, no CEL, no shifting issues, stock tune (as far as I know) 14.5 average mpg, cupped Ko2's.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
When was the last time you changed your plugs and air filter? Cleaned your MAF? How many miles on your Gen 1 and is it the 5.4 or 6.2?

OP
OP
CleverGirl_

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
When was the last time you changed your plugs and air filter? Cleaned your MAF? How many miles on your Gen 1 and is it the 5.4 or 6.2?
Unsure (second owner), air filter looks brand new. MAF is the first step tonight. 93k 6.2

OP
OP
CleverGirl_

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Maybe try some fuel injector cleaner or add a can of SeaFoam to your next tank, or some octane boost.

Good seeing you guys last night! We need to go to LBL soon.
I did a shot of lucas on the way home, still cycling im sure.

OP
OP
CleverGirl_

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Has the truck had the fuse 27 relocation TSB done? It sounds like it may be momentarily losing fuel pressure.
Not to my knowledge, I have the kit conveniently located in the back seat. It does feel like a fueling issue, not so much a ignition. However, at mid-wide throttle it runs like a champ.

OP
OP
CleverGirl_

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
You should do the 27 relocation. If I knew you needed it done we could have done it when you were here. While Waiting on @badm0t0rfinger. to show up. LOL Once you have done one it only takes a few min to do.
Would defiantly start there.
Thanks to the rain I didn’t even think about it hahah

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot I have a spare one for exactly this reason. I could have made a trade!

Upon thinking about it... finding it would have probably been a chore.