Mid perch done at home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93trojan

Reaction score
After watching the RPG video a couple of times, a buddy and I tackled the job. Like the video, we didn't take out the shocks. Everything went as planned "somewhat". The passenger side went just like the video. On the driver's side, we couldn't figure out a good place to anchor the strap to hold up the coil/spring. Too many electrical wires and fluid tank etc to use the hood hinge. We had a forklift nearby, so we used one of the forks to tie up to. The only other concern was that we weren't able to get to the setscrew after we moved it to mid perch. They didn't do it in the video either....so I guess it's not needed?

When done, I thought it looked a little too high:(. It started out at 40 1/2" high and went to 44". I knew from this forum that it would settle, but I was worried. 10 minutes later, it dropped an inch without being moved! I took it for a ride and now it's 42 1/4. Looks awesome and I think it actually rides a little softer:)

So far, in two weeks, Ive put on an Afe II, Duratracs, Magnaflow catback, and mid perch! Got an RPG Stage III waiting in the garage and need to order a 5Star tune. Then, I will be done!:)....as long as I stay away from this site! Hahaha

Merry Christmas to All

93trojan

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on a job well done, as long as you don't need the setscrew?? Hmmm, why is there a setscrew if you don't need it??

OP
OP

93trojan

Reaction score
I didn't like the idea either....if it's there, it's there for a reason. Well, RPG didn't tighten it after doing the mod. Neither did we. Reminds me of when I put my kids' toys together. I always seems to end up with a few extra parts at the end!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts