Method DS with mudflaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NRose

Reaction score
I totally believe in protecting my paint job. To many gravel roads in my area.
I use Duraflap mud flaps for full protection. They install without drilling any new holes, so I do not have any new rusting spots. You can have them custom shift the mud flaps outward and downward for the protection you want. I like the stainless steel weights, but go without if you do not want your mud flaps to stand out.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally believe in protecting my paint job. To many gravel roads in my area.
I use Duraflap mud flaps for full protection. They install without drilling any new holes, so I do not have any new rusting spots. You can have them custom shift the mud flaps outward and downward for the protection you want. I like the stainless steel weights, but go without if you do not want your mud flaps to stand out.

Just a point of interest.

Even for mudflaps that require drill holes...You are only drilling into the fender flares which are plastic...no metal involved...no rusting to be concerned about.

NRose

Reaction score
That might be correct for the shorter lighter weight splash guards, but the full size mud flaps needed to really protect my truck require drilling through to the metal fenderwell lip with self tapping screws. If those only go into the flares, they will never hold all the weight.
Even the splash guards end up too heavy when they fill up with mud and snow in the winter months.