Method DS with mudflaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it pointless to run mud flaps with Method DS? I am asking because the DS has a zero offset and thus sticks out 1.33" further when compared to the stock wheels. In other words, will mudflaps help protect the car if I am running DS?

TIA

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this mentioned in a DS thread. Most people use the clean 3m tape stuff on the lower half of the car. I wish I would have done that even with the stock rims and tires. Massive paint chips on the rear panel.

One person said the had mud flaps, but others say its gay. :) I havent seen any pics yet, but I also havent looked.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it pointless to run mud flaps with Method DS? I am asking because the DS has a zero offset and thus sticks out 1.33" further when compared to the stock wheels. In other words, will mudflaps help protect the car if I am running DS?

TIA

No its not pointless, the flaps still provide 75% coverage, which is better than 0%.

Last edited:

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mud flaps would help with paint protection for sure, especially if you plan on running a more aggressive tire than the stocker. Most off road tires have a more square shoulder and a wider footprint. That paired with a wheel with less offset than stock is a recipe for paint damage due to rocks and other debris. That being said, I don't have mudflaps on my truck... I don't like them. Lol.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mud flaps don't look aggressive on the Raptor, it kinda kills the look most are going for, but they would definitely protect the paint. Maybe the 3M clear protectant is the way to go, I cant seem to find it at my local auto stores though.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mud flaps don't look aggressive on the Raptor, it kinda kills the look most are going for, but they would definitely protect the paint. Maybe the 3M clear protectant is the way to go, I cant seem to find it at my local auto stores though.

Look at my Rooster tail salt line....

3m Film will only help if you do it up till the door handles! :smile:

I will stick to my "retarded" front flaps.

012-2.jpg

Last edited:

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The flaps might take away from the look a bit, but they seem to be practical. After driving yesterday my truck is now covered with the salty/sand crap we now use with the mag/sand mixture. I'll be getting the flaps soon b/c I can't be washing my truck everyday in this weather.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw this mentioned in a DS thread. Most people use the clean 3m tape stuff on the lower half of the car. I wish I would have done that even with the stock rims and tires. Massive paint chips on the rear panel.

One person said the had mud flaps, but others say its gay. :) I havent seen any pics yet, but I also havent looked.

I used the front flaps for 2 months until the stock tires wore down enough. After some wear I taken the flaps off and hadn't heard a rock since.
I like the look of no flap more. ynera7y6.jpgzevy7epu.jpg
uzuqe2uv.jpg

Last edited: