M&R vs. Rigid vs. KC's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just going to throw in my 2 cents worth. I know the amber covers are not the same as amber leds. What is nice about the amber cover is that I can remove them really quick and set them aside till I want amber again. This appeals to me because I plan on only having the amber on during the winter.
While at the SnoBall I got to use my M&R led bars and my D2s. Both worked great. I also got to see a bunch of the other manufacturer's lights on other trucks. Others are brighter than mine for sure, but mine worked great. No complaints from me or my co-pilot. I will say however that my wife(co-pilot) did say "you need more lights for next time." Not unhappy with these at all, lighting appears to be a sickness ... never enough. I think all of these manufactures make lights that serve the purpose. You just need to balance needs/wants and budget to determine what is best for you.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just put a Rigid 40" in my Raptor, it shoots a pretty far straight beam, but you really can't see anything else around the straight shot. I'll be honest though. I kinda have to perfer the M&R rite now over the rigid. It (Rigid) shoots far but barely lights anything up around you. The M&R is a flood that is a wall of light compared to a fix beam. Maybe I have to give it more time but as of now, I have to say M&R works better to me. I'll give my Rigid a couple more nights though.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Honestly not to sound like a shill because I have 2 M&R light bars but....why is anyone afraid of them? The way I see it the initial build quality will surely outlast my Raptor ownership and hey if it does shit the bed after a few years (yet to be seen) you can buy another 1 (or 2!) for the price of one of the "name brands".

Furthermore, I have yet to see anyone complain about how bright the M&R is...it's enough to get you in trouble on the road and I haven't out driven them off-road...

Not to mention from my experience Mike is pretty damn determined to please the Raptor crowd and will likely do anything within reason to make sure we are all happy. Bad feedback travels a lot faster than good feedback.

With that being said, I have "heard" that KC is entering the LED market and plan on checking out what they have to offer.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How come the 14" an the 37" looks like the same picture but bigger in size? Hmmmmmm

Probably hard to tell in the photo, but it's a lot brighter in person. Just a lot more concentrated

Yeah we all know how night photography can be haha :banghead:

When you see the full size of both you can definitely see the difference in all the sizes.

And many people will also agree with the insane light output of the OnX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc