M&R vs. Rigid vs. KC's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishrmunn

Reaction score
Looking for input and experience with some lighting options. Has anyone actually compared side by side a 40" M&R light bar to a Rigid? I've never seen either in person. The stock headlights on my '12 are disappointing at best and I was looking into a light bar to brighten things up. Obviously M&R saves a lot of money, but how is the quality and distance on back roads in wide open country? I also have a set of 6" 130w KC daylighters off my old super duty that were a lot brighter than the stock headlights. I was thinking about combining them with another set of long range HID lights on a bar mount as well. Do the LED light bars really light things up better and further than my KC's combined with another new set would? Thanks in advance!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You really can't go wrong with rigi or M&R they bothake amazing lights and are great companies it's really personal preference and what you're looking for in a light but I'd check out both I know a lot of people here have M&R or rigid they'll say the same thing!!

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LEDs are so bright I doubt you'd see a noticeable difference even side by side. I have 20" and a 40" and they are fantastic.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My M&R lights went on today. Don`t have the truck back yet but, if it helps the installer thought they were Rigid lights until I pointed out where they are from. He looked closer, then I told him the cost.... He said "I need those."

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i just got my second M&R light - 40" today. I think it really depends on what you want to spend but you'll be blinded by any of them.

se9e9ytu.jpg

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PM me, or call me even better. I can talk to you for hours about lights, what would work better than others, etc etc. Just give me a call. I'll steer you in the right direction, I promise