M&R vs. Rigid vs. KC's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roaddog313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the m&r lights as durable in extreme conditions as rigid? does m&r make a amber light?

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are the m&r lights as durable in extreme conditions as rigid? does m&r make a amber light?

MnR has a different light pattern check their site the light are like 30deg for spot 60 deg for flood. The rigid I think are 10deg for spot so the light is concentrated in a narrower beam. I think the rigid will light farther down the road. All that said I just installed a 20" MnR because Its cheaper and it lights very well. the MnR bar came with an amber lens that I had to attach w Velcro strips. rigid has diferent setup. Do some research before you buy to figure out whats best for you. I am saving for a set of rigid dually spots next.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally,

I support USA made products, I stay away from Chinese made items whenever I have the choice and I absolutely love my Rigid lights. Yes they are more expensive but that is worth my extra money to have something totally made in the USA

I totally agree! You have an american truck put American parts on it.
Rigid has a lifetime guarantee where the other only has 1 year, then you are SOL!
Rigid has Amber, Green, Blue and Red LED bulbs and a great assortment of lights, beam patterns, brackets, wiring harness's and covers. The other only white.
Rigid also has a higher Lumen rating.
If you wanted to do an interesting comparison I think Rigid VS Vision-x VS BajaDesign would a better discussion.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MnR has a different light pattern check their site the light are like 30deg for spot 60 deg for flood. The rigid I think are 10deg for spot so the light is concentrated in a narrower beam. I think the rigid will light farther down the road. All that said I just installed a 20" MnR because Its cheaper and it lights very well. the MnR bar came with an amber lens that I had to attach w Velcro strips. rigid has diferent setup. Do some research before you buy to figure out whats best for you. I am saving for a set of rigid dually spots next.

Exactly my point. I had the M&R 20 and due to it's 30 degree beam pattern, I felt it was more of a flog/area lighting source. I wanted something that would throw a definitive beam down range. I returned it and got an all spot Rigid and it does exactly that.

I think M&R's chinese lights are pretty solid. Lots of people have them and beat the snot out of them and there are no complaints.

I will say, the 20" install was a much bigger pain in the ass than the Rigid due to the mounting brackets and location.

If you're going to place these behind your grill, and taking into account we all know light is lost behind there, I personally think a more focused beam would egress through the grill better than a more diffuse beam, resulting in more usable light that travels farther and is perceptibly brighter.

Any Physics teacher on here????

If I wasn't so hung up on throwing light way down range, I would have stuck with the M&R. I've found the same bars for cheaper elsewhere on the Interwebs, but I like to support small businesses, especially ones that are Forum sponsors and help out my buddies and fellow enthusiasts.

Andy yes, M&R is prototyping Amber covers. There is a thread that shows how some guys, Greg is one, attached the covers.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well im not sure what light bar only has a one year warranty, but my M&R 40" has a 3 year warranty. It's no lifetime warranty like rigid but it's better then a 1 year light bar. Plus this 40" puts out some great light.

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulldog Lighting is also made in the USA. Check them out at the addresses below.

https://lge-ctsmotorsports.com/catalog/lighting

http://www.bulldog-lighting.com/

bul-205.jpg

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the M&R fog light kit. The 6 lights in the bumper are very bright. I hooked them up so you can run 2, 4 or 6 lights. The brackets and lights fit very good. I bought all driving lights, no floods.

OP
OP
F

fishrmunn

Reaction score
Thanks for all the quick responses! I will be sure to update with some pictures and impressions once I decide and get it installed. I will be working on installing mudflaps today, hope it doesn't tame down the badass look too much!