Louder and Clearer sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I wanted to use the head unit listed in another thread, the Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB
I wouldn't mind upgrading to such a head unit. It's the only thing not done on mine. I've just heard so many horror stories of longevity or losing this option or that one.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, but in that thread only 2 have had a issue and then they had the warranty
Outside that thread, I have seen tons of issues. Youtube videos of people taking them out and putting the factory back in. Hopefully by now they have worked the bugs out.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its really not cost effective to try to use the oem speakers. you will need crossovers to run the oem tweeters with that matching door woofer. might as well get a set of components for a little more. you can get away with a 4 channel amp, but its not ideal. best way to do it would be to replace the front speakers, can keep the oem rears if you really want to. a 4 channel amp and the zen module. keep in mind you will want a seperate sub amp. all the 5 channel amps with the exception of one or two all max out at 500 watts. a seperate sub amp you can get more power for the subwoofers. with all the work necessary, might as well do the entire system. no sense in doing it twice if you decide to upgrade in the future. you dont necessarily need to spend what some of us have on a sound system, but it will definitely cost quite a bit regardless

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I wanted to use the head unit listed in another thread, the Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB
Don’t. Do your research. That this is a complete pos

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you speaking Latin? ;)
You are best paying for help then if you can’t understand what we are saying. Bottom line. Be prepared to spend $3,000 or don’t do it at all. Anything less and you are just burning money.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Bottom line, you are going to spend $800 as an entrance fee just to modify the B&O system with a different amp/subwoofer. Now, you could start with doing the 4 door speakers and two pillar speakers along with sound deadening for those four spaces. When I installed my system, I completed those parts first and there was a notable improvement with just that. Not a ton more bass or even that much louder, but what came out of the speakers was clearer and an overall better sound. Then, save up for the ZEN/Amps/Subwoofer(s)