Louder and Clearer sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cybot

Reaction score
Hi all, I am not liking the B&O system, but I can't afford a complete overhaul of it. I already plan on getting that 14.5 Tesla-style component. But I was wondering if the stock speakers can handle a bigger amp? If so how big, and will it put out a louder and clearer sound?

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am not liking the B&O system, but I can't afford a complete overhaul of it. I already plan on getting that 14.5 Tesla-style component. But I was wondering if the stock speakers can handle a bigger amp? If so how big, and will it put out a louder and clearer sound?
The B&O system has a built-in bass attenuator. That means, when you crank it (past 15 or so), the system cuts the bass off in an attempt at saving the speakers. I've been reading into a little bit of this because I'm kinda in the same boat.

My understanding is, even if you slap another amp on there, the attenuator will still cut the bass and do other funky stuff. So, that's why most systems just gut the B&O system all together, besides the head unit. Again, I'm no expert, but that's what I'm reading.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for louder / clearer highs at high volumes yes stock speakers can handle a bigger amp. I ran my stock B&O door speakers on my Rockford Fosgate 800/4 amp while waiting for new speakers. It helped to be able to hear music w/ windows down. Just make sure gain / XO settings appropriate for your listening.

All that being said, you're going to need an integration device (Zen A-B or similar) to get a clean signal / RCA outputs for your amp.

OP
OP
Cybot

Cybot

Reaction score
If you're looking for louder / clearer highs at high volumes yes stock speakers can handle a bigger amp. I ran my stock B&O door speakers on my Rockford Fosgate 800/4 amp while waiting for new speakers. It helped to be able to hear music w/ windows down. Just make sure gain / XO settings appropriate for your listening.

All that being said, you're going to need an integration device (Zen A-B or similar) to get a clean signal / RCA outputs for your amp.
Are you speaking Latin? ;)

OP
OP
Cybot

Cybot

Reaction score
I was at a Sterio store the other day and they were talking about a bypass that I needed for the BO system. Does anybody know anything about that?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I was at a Sterio store the other day and they were talking about a bypass that I needed for the BO system. Does anybody know anything about that?
This. It converts the signal so you can use an aftermarket amp.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you’re having trouble with the expense, best to save, or buy yourself gift cards to spend and get it done right. @goblues38 upgraded his successfully for (I think) under 3 grand. or you could go nuclear, not mentioning any FRF names like... @Shane361 ...

let’s assume, for the sake of discussion $3k * the Bidenflation multiplier, and you get about $3850 in today’s money.
I have the Sony, or had it, and that system was a lot easier to modify piece by piece.

I think you can do the speakers first with B&O, that’s pretty time consuming and a smaller portion of the money. You can also pick up the power / ground cabling, run to the cab and into engine bay and secure but don’t hook them up. The big part comes when you have to hook in the zen, and amp the speakers/sub.

Whatever you decide, don’t do it half àssed.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Research a complete system from head unit, front components, rear speakers, subs, enclosure, amps, zen and wiring which CAN BE thousands alone. Need to know if you want to stay within your vehicle's stock electrical capability or are you gonna want to upgrade electrical as in alternator and adding more batteries to include going lithium. Once you have built the perfect system then start buying it as you can. Do not buy THIS now because buying THAT later will affect THIS then. If THAT doesn't make sense now...it will LATER.

OP
OP
Cybot

Cybot

Reaction score
Well I wanted to use the head unit listed in another thread, the Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB