Lost my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm 26 also. Have had the Raptor for a year. My first car was a Ford ******. I loved it to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I was 15 and got my raptor, I had no idea what to do in college. After I visited my cousins in Arizona and got it out in the dirt, I decided to go into petroleum engineering out of college and move out west to be around what I love - desert racing. Not only did the raptor motivate me, it also motivated me to open my own business. I've made $30000 and paid my parents that much back so far towards the $55000 price tag. Then the 15k in mods plus service, insurance, gas etc, I have busted my ass. I haven't done anything stupid in the raptor.

I did however break an axle shaft and I paid for everything my self in full the day I picked it up.

Having the raptor has been great motivation - I never thought about the desert racing scene before but I cannot stand the red neck mud bogging around here. How stupid... Desert racing just makes me happy! The raptor is a good starter but I'd like to get a true pre-runner one day.

OP - the FX4 is far from a piece of crap. And try to refrain from marking it that way - they are super nice. If I ever did anything stupid and got mine taken away, I would be SOL. I literally had to rent my mom's vehicle while my raptor was broken for a month. And trust me, she doesn't go easy on that fee. Luckily our local dealership gave us a rental car so we would have 3 vehicles between me, dad and mom.

Please, it would be in your best interest to go back and reword your original post. There is no need to be arrogant. We have hard working men and women on this site that started with nothing or very little and have worked hard to get to the top. Don't rub it in their face!

Look on the bright side if/when you get it back, I can put a console lid like this in it for you:

e638acd7e0156f10f7e43b0c9b3f21bf.jpg

I have an honest question for you. Did you even read his posts? I just went back and read them again, just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I didn't.

Please show me, in quotes, where this alleged arrogance is. Also the part where he said the FX4 was a piece of crap.

I await your response.

Btw, the console lid was pretty funny. I'll give you that. But you're still dead wrong.

Assassin

Reaction score
After reading all these comments I guess I will chime in. In my opinion I don't think it's wise for parents to buy a Raptor for a kids first vehicle for several reasons. Yes there are of course responsible kids out there, but even if that kid is responsible with it he/she is missing out on a valuable life lesson. When a kid gets a Raptor his bar is prematurely set way too high and will always expect to drive something as nice or nicer in the future, I mean you can't really get anything better than a Raptor. Kid doesn't think about the cost of such a nice vehicle such as insurance, loan, gas, tires, oil changes etc. When that teen becomes an adult with adult responsibilities it could be overwhelming at the realization of how much real life actually costs. Instead of starting off with the best of the best, I think it's wise to start of with something practical, non expensive and have some type of adult financial responsibility over that vehicle. I started working at the age of 14 and took over vehicle payments on an 04 Mazda 3 at 15. Paid that off in two years, then bought a second vehicle. My parents helped out on insurance until I was 17, but I was responsible for everything else. It helped me learn how to handle my finances at a young age.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read these and feel a little nostalgic.. My parents believed you can drive what you can afford to buy. They gave me nothing and everything I have or had I earned the old fashioned way by going to work every day. Now this today seems like a foreign concept to most kids working and going to school. I admit back then your total school supplies list was a number two pencil. My case back in the day I was able to afford a 1972 Plymouth Road Runner, 440 engine and it was a police interceptor. You could say I bought a few sets of tires for it back in the day.. Of course gasoline was .49 cents per gallon. Tires ran about 100 a set.. Minimum wage 1.75 per hour... My parents did not take things away if you paid for them. Of course really not much they could do since it was in my name. My parents gave me life, everything else I earned...

MNWILKO

Reaction score
Interesting to read all the responses to this thread. Actually this forum in itself is rather amazing when you think about all the different types of people who drive these trucks. To see the people who are middle aged and this is the nicest vehicle they have ever owned to the guy who has it sitting next to his ferrari in the barn. Then there are a lot of young guys on this forum with these trucks and its pretty split from what I've seen as far as how they obtained the truck. A lot of parents who purchased these for there kids with the silver spoon but then there are a lot of guys like myself who are only 18,19,20 what ever age they might be that busted there ass to get to this point. Thats what I love about this country as that from a early age I was able to go and achieve and put a raptor in my driveway. That being said its been the most humbling thing thats ever happened to me. I never want to tell people I drive a Raptor I often refer to it as a extended cab F150 because everyone assumes it was purchased by mommy and daddy. My parents always had the attitude you will drive what you can afford. It brought a tear to my old mans eyes when he saw are trucks side by side. I think very humbling for him as well.

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.