Looking at Raptors..(Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Nice! Wish I found a black gen 2 over my Leadfoot.

Welcome to the club. Now go find the desert and have fun!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
With a good, cold soaked start up, not an immediate concern and since Ford has covered it long term, it’s not that much of a concern.

True but still a hassle. The dealership, when they had it for my accident, did the reprogramming to try to fix it. I haven't had it enough for the fix to stop the knocking but if it doesn't fix it, they will replace them.

I'm just tired of not having a raptor for nearly 5 months....

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True but still a hassle. The dealership, when they had it for my accident, did the reprogramming to try to fix it. I haven't had it enough for the fix to stop the knocking but if it doesn't fix it, they will replace them.

I'm just tired of not having a raptor for nearly 5 months....
A knocking sound? That is much deeper and more worrisome than cam phasers. Do you have a quick cold start rattle, or a low, constant thump sound?

I was told it was just the 18s but who knows.
Oh - ya…. Definitely on all 17+ Per the TSB.

Apparently the dude traded in his Raptor for a TRX.

New ride
You will definitely want the history on this 18 since it will have the phaser issue to review, and a look at the plastic engine oil pan. There may be a reason this PO went to a TRX. You will find 17+ raptors at most Ram dealers now. The TRX is an awesome truck!!