Long Tube Header Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as some of you guys know, im going to get long tube headers! would i need a tune? becouse of the hi-flow cats? or in general?

thanks

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would strongly suggest you get a tune to maximize them beasties :head3:

sandygar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put Kooks long tube and high flow cats, the check engine light came on as soon as I got on it. That is a possibility for you. I put 5 star tune in after that and no check engine light.

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Getting your vehicle tuned after the install of the headers is important. The reason for this is that your Air-Fuel-Ratio will need to be modified for the new low restriction headers. A good tune will keep your 02 sensors happy, improve throttle response and drive-ability. Customers who can keep there foot out of the throttle after the addition of headers and a tune have noted an increase in gas mileage. Improving the efficiency of the motor improves power and response, no doubt about it!

OP
OP
Bryson

Bryson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting your vehicle tuned after the install of the headers is important. The reason for this is that your Air-Fuel-Ratio will need to be modified for the new low restriction headers. A good tune will keep your 02 sensors happy, improve throttle response and drive-ability. Customers who can keep there foot out of the throttle after the addition of headers and a tune have noted an increase in gas mileage. Improving the efficiency of the motor improves power and response, no doubt about it!

what tune or tuner do you use??

IRONMAN

Reaction score

So true. Last year before my headers I was getting 13.1 and now I'm getting a steady 14.3.