Nightmare project: 6.2 dipstick tube replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TurboAg

TurboAg

Reaction score
I went with the Lokar one, totally happy with it.

It isn't made for the 6.2L but the one that is mentioned in the thread fits our application no problem. You just have to buy a longer dipstick and cut it to length. View attachment 423414
Ok this is my current plan. What was your experience installing the Lokar tube? Did you have any trouble getting it to seat properly in the block? Any tips or advice for getting it seated? It has held up to the heat OK?

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok this is my current plan. What was your experience installing the Lokar tube? Did you have any trouble getting it to seat properly in the block? Any tips or advice for getting it seated? It has held up to the heat OK?
Well my experience will be a little different since we have a lift at work. But to answer you question, no. I was able to see the hole and made sure the Lokar dipstick was fully seated. The biggest pain was getting the old tube out. Once that was out, smooth sailing after that.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The one in the 5.4 Expedition I did was broke off flush with block also.
I was trying an EZ first, thinking I could get it to spin, then pull it up and out.
That didn't work, so I was trying to tap threads inside, hoping to run a bolt in and draw that out.
Didn't have enough room to turn a tap really.
I have since gotten some tap drivers that go on ratchets.
I think I could do better with those.

Attachments

• tap-drivers.jpg
    tap-drivers.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 4