******* locked keys in his truck with it running!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first thought was "why is he even posting this??, every Raptor has a keypad". Then I read on. The code on the keypad does not change when you add your own code. The factory code still exists. Every Ford I've owned I've used the exact same personal code, so I know it even in my sleep.

I've had three Ford Expeditions prior to the Raptor and they all had keypads..... but, my first Expedition had a unique feature. If you locked the door with the engine running, you could NOT use the keypad. Here's how I found out. I stopped next to the curb at Blockbuster Video to drop off movies, because it was raining. I got out, locked my doors, then ran up to the drop off window. I ran back to jump in and the keypad wasn't working. I tried a bunch of times. I finally called Ford Roadside Assistance and they told me the keypad is disabled when the engine is running. My truck was sitting there running, with the windshield wipers running, pouring rain, illegally parked, for an hour.

Ford has since changed that "special" feature!

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
No, no, my move was *******; at least you didn't need a locksmith to get you back into your truck!

No NO! You didn't need the Fire Dept to unlock yours with it running IN THE GARAGE with the key, KEY locked inside, no door pad, NO second key, 2 am, truck 5 hours old. HAHAaaaa.

Trying to fit my 1997 into the garage where a ranger XLT 4 x 4 had lived. The f 150 was wedged in tight against the back wall and the drivers side close to the wall. I squeezed out to check front end clearance and I guess I hit the lock button with my elbo. Didn't know, closed the door and 2 hours later here are 6 FD guy's with slim jims and hammers! It took them 10 seconds, one on each door in a race to open it. I had just managed to pry the hood open and stuff a rag down the throttle body to kill it when they showed up.

My wife NEVER heard the Fire truck out front idling. SWEET! HAHaaaaa. Oh did I get it from her later when I told her. She says, Why not call a lock smith. My reply, They cost $$$. The FD was free. HAHaaaaa.
BDRAG

Last edited:

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I came across lockouts, I kindly offered a rock if the driver couldn't afford a locksmith or get in with other means. Very few took up the rock offer, desperation forces people to make harsh decisions.