Clicking from Dash (Video with Sound)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s the procedure, scan tool is not required.

NOTICE: The ignition key must be off when replacing the actuator. Energizing the actuator before installation will cause the part to become positioned incorrectly and proper orientation will be lost. Incorrect actuator operation will result.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps.
Remove BCM fuse 46 for at least one minute.
NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds.
Reinstall BCM fuse 46. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct mode door actuator operation.
I see it’s a different fuse than what I had found. (15 vs 46) now I need to look into it.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to follow up...I lucked out and it was the one in the driver footwell. Autozone had the part in stock, so I ran up there and followed the instructions earlier in this thread, and am happy to report the clicking has gone away. Thanks to everyone who commented about the issue.
Glad it worked out good for ya!