Load Resistors hate me.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
no problem. when i was having serious troubles with my wife 3months ago, i received a gift basket from FRF. i still dont know who it was that sent it, but it shows how the people here are. so i figure i should give as much as i can in return.

our knowledge is your knowledge thats how i see it. just let me know it works. i have some resistors at my shop if you need me to take pictures of connections.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

my guess is that you got the power wire from the turn signal and wether through ground or wherever the other side was connected to created enough of a load resistance to all them to work. but once you start the vehicle, the alternator puts out more power and amperage which is probably the reason it started hyperflashing as soon as you drove off

I have noticed that! Its like one big family over here! And I understand these dern things now! After I get off work I will rewire these!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is one (of many) of my big bitching points about recon junk.. They "hot glue" them to the plastic housings and will eventually melt and break their half ass solder work.. ( happened to me)

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
And they get hot. make sure they are away from wires, plastic and have plenty of space around them.

I actually mounted something right! Haha I used screws to mount them to the back of the metal piece that the bed extender hooks into. They should dissipate heat very well!

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

That is one (of many) of my big bitching points about recon junk.. They "hot glue" them to the plastic housings and will eventually melt and break their half ass solder work.. ( happened to me)

What happened to recon being one of our vendors? If I remember they said the mirror reflector delete kit from ford was "garbage" and it sparked an argument.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
correct, the heat is very important to consider. thanks greg.

Still not working...

6ohm 50watt load resistor one end connected to the yellow wire and the other connected gray. The ground has no wires on it. The right side of the truck wired 1 to ground, the other to the turn signal control wire flash normal with ignition on engine off. They hyperflash with the engine on. The left side, I wired them up with your instructions. One to the power the other to the turn signal control. No wires on the ground