Moritomo - Seeking Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the moritomo xb’s in my 14 screw for a few months. My passenger side headlight will hyper flash the turn signal when in drive with headlights off. When I use the turn signal, the turn signal flashes as it should.

I have my DRL set to be on with forscan and all hyper flashing off with forscan.

With only the turn signal harness plugged in, light will hyper flash in drive. I cleaned the plug on both sides with contact cleaner and blew out both connectors until dry. The pins and contacts all look good.

I swapped the driver side/passenger side lights. With only the turn signal harnesses plugged in, it stops on passenger side with driver side light plugged in. With passenger side light plugged into the driver side, hyper flashing follows the light.

I tried wiring in a resistor on the troublesome light. No change.

So I am down to calling Moritomo for a warranty claim. Any other thoughts? Lights are about 6 months old.

Work around is to kick on the headlights when it’s light outside. Won’t flash with headlights on.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the moritomo xb’s in my 14 screw for a few months. My passenger side headlight will hyper flash the turn signal when in drive with headlights off. When I use the turn signal, the turn signal flashes as it should.

I have my DRL set to be on with forscan and all hyper flashing off with forscan.

With only the turn signal harness plugged in, light will hyper flash in drive. I cleaned the plug on both sides with contact cleaner and blew out both connectors until dry. The pins and contacts all look good.

I swapped the driver side/passenger side lights. With only the turn signal harnesses plugged in, it stops on passenger side with driver side light plugged in. With passenger side light plugged into the driver side, hyper flashing follows the light.

I tried wiring in a resistor on the troublesome light. No change.

So I am down to calling Moritomo for a warranty claim. Any other thoughts? Lights are about 6 months old.

Work around is to kick on the headlights when it’s light outside. Won’t flash with headlights on.
Hey there...
Sorry,cant help on your issue,but maybe you could answer mine..since I just upgraded ALL the lights on my 2014 to Moritomo's couple months also.
When the headlights are on at night,instead of throwing out a more "rounded" beam in the distance,mine throw out more of a square beam with an almost perfect straight line across the top in distance and pinpointing straight a head instead of a more flowing light like the stock headlights did...
Yours too?
HAPPY NEW YEAR !

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, turning off DRL with forscan seems to have corrected the issue. Time will tell. Do you all run with your 3 amber lights (in the front grill) on with the morimoto lights? And side markers? If so, do you wire them different? The amber morimotos looks great, but would look better during the day with all ambers lit up in my opinion.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Well, turning off DRL with forscan seems to have corrected the issue. Time will tell. Do you all run with your 3 amber lights (in the front grill) on with the morimoto lights? And side markers? If so, do you wire them different? The amber morimotos looks great, but would look better during the day with all ambers lit up in my opinion.
These lights, regardless of make or model of vehicle, seem to require DRL deactivation of some type.