Load Resistors hate me.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Well I installed the 6 ohm 50watt load resistors to my tail lights and they worked perfect! So since I had hyper flash for months, I wanted a victory drive. I left my driveway and turned on my blinker to leave my street. HYPERFLASH!!! Wtf?? Bad resistor? The wiring is flawless! Soldered and heat shrunk! And both sides are hyperflashing...

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
hw did you wire the resstors?

At first, I wired them into the hot constant for the running lights and they didnt work. So I switched the hot wire on all 4 rear to the outside wire gray on.left and I think purple on right(dont remember) and checked them and they worked perfect. Left my street and hyperflash was back.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry, i should be more clear. the two wires going to the turn signal. the load resistors should be connected to both wires. (not ground, as i previously stated....however the other wire is a ground)

basically you are creating a direct short between the wires with ths reistor.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
sorry, i should be more clear. the two wires going to the turn signal. the load resistors should be connected to both wires. (not ground, as i previously stated....however the other wire is a ground)

basically you are creating a direct short between the wires with ths reistor.

Ohh i see. One wire to hot and the other wire to the turn signal wire!! Dohh! Lol

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the load resistors are non directional, so as long as you have the ends connected to both wires coming from the turn signal, then you are ok.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
the load resistors are non directional, so as long as you have the ends connected to both wires coming from the turn signal, then you are ok.

I swear man! I owe you big time! Im working today. How bout a customized heat sealed shirt for all your help over these past months?

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Another quick question. How did it work properly for a little while?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
no problem. when i was having serious troubles with my wife 3months ago, i received a gift basket from FRF. i still dont know who it was that sent it, but it shows how the people here are. so i figure i should give as much as i can in return.

our knowledge is your knowledge thats how i see it. just let me know it works. i have some resistors at my shop if you need me to take pictures of connections.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

Another quick question. How did it work properly for a little while?

my guess is that you got the power wire from the turn signal and wether through ground or wherever the other side was connected to created enough of a load resistance to allw them to work. but once you start the vehicle, the alternator puts out more power and amperage which is probably the reason it started hyperflashing as soon as you drove off