Little Sahara OK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tetrus

Reaction score
I made my first weekend run in the Raptor. It performed really well, the suspension soaked up the light jumps on the dunes with ease. Things I noticed:

1. Even with the 39" tires aired down to 20 psi there was significant wheel spin
2. This significant wheel spin led to transmission temps hitting around 245 degrees within 10 minutes. So I am going to need to buy a larger tranny cooler to install, any recommendations?

Here are a few short videos of me running it around the dunes, unfortunately, all of the best jumps were not caught on camera.

I just posted these to youtube minutes before making this post, so they may not be available for a few minutes.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Looks fun. Just FYI, 20 PSI in a 39" tire is probably like having 35 PSI in a 35". I'm not a sand pro, but I would think something around 5-10 psi would get the tire to flatten out and float better on the sand.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I’m 2 hours away. Hit me up next time anyone is headed out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro