crash rebuild questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jakejerman

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I plan on it mostly being a trailer toy but would be nice to be able to drive it around town legally. Curious about possibly getting it registered as an OHV, or custom vehicle. Very easy here to get side by sides, crawlers, ect street legal, but salvage title might be deal breaker.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucky for you, the cabs are the same as a normal F-150. Looks like swapping everything into a new cab shell and then replacing air bags is the way to go. From those pics it doesn't look bad at all!

LeadFootSFL

Reaction score
anyone have any insight on how deep they go in inspection process or what makes a pass or fail? I haven't been able to find much online. Mechanically the truck is perfect, cosmetically it's a little banged up but doesn't affect drivability once sunroof, windshield, and seatbelts are replaced.
Cant speak to Montana but in Indiana its very straightforward. Keep any reciepts for any and all parts including seat belt repairs, air bags, and body panels, then put it back togehter. Fill out a rebuild form with vehicle data, parts information, reciepts, and pictures of damage then take it downtown to state police for an inspection. They are mainly looking for stolen parts used in the rebuild not that you properly rebuilt it although it depends on the officer working that day. I have seen vehicles fail for non functional seat belts so definatley get those rebuilt. I would replace the air bags as well but they wont care if you leave some scratches and dents on the body panels.

Last edited:

LeadFootSFL

Reaction score
If you pass they will give you documentation to submit to the DMV to apply for a Rebuilt title which makes you road legal again. You can even insure a rebuilt vehicle although some insurance comapnies are weird about it. I once bought back and rebuilt a Honda Pilot after a hail storm with only a windshield replacement and we drove it for years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jakejerman

Reaction score
does anyone have any insight as far as companies that 'rebuild' the seatbelts? will they still work in the event of another crash if rebuilt? also as far as replacing airbags does the module need to be replaced or can it be sent out and be "reprogrammed"? and then just replace airbags with oem. I found a way to get truck registered now just trying to make it safe.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
does anyone have any insight as far as companies that 'rebuild' the seatbelts? will they still work in the event of another crash if rebuilt? also as far as replacing airbags does the module need to be replaced or can it be sent out and be "reprogrammed"? and then just replace airbags with oem. I found a way to get truck registered now just trying to make it safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter