Lane departure system not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjinc

Reaction score
It isn't designed to drive your ******* truck for you!! Put down your Starbucks and Hunk magazine and drive.

This guy. Why don't you read the thread and spare us all your useless blathering. Besides, I read Teen Vogue with my morning starbucks.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't designed to drive your ******* truck for you!! Put down your Starbucks and Hunk magazine and drive.

Profanity, exclamations and false generalizations over opinions? I would advise a blood pressure check, the American Heart Association just revised hypertension readings which may be in your area now.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, the lane departure system has sensitivity levels that can be adjusted through the dash screen.

I can't recall for sure, though, because I don't use that feature.

OP
OP
B

Bonedoc3

Reaction score
There are no sensitivity adjustment in the dash. That adjusts the force of the vibration in the steering wheel as a warning. Thanks for all the replies. As I said I just wanted to see if my truck was operating like all the rest and it appears that it is. I see no use for the feature as is and don't need it. I DO drive the truck, but thanks for the rude comment from one of the posters. Thought we were all just trying to help each other out, but there's always one in the crowd and we all know it.

cliffyelwood

Reaction score
There are no sensitivity adjustment in the dash. That adjusts the force of the vibration in the steering wheel as a warning. Thanks for all the replies. As I said I just wanted to see if my truck was operating like all the rest and it appears that it is. I see no use for the feature as is and don't need it. I DO drive the truck, but thanks for the rude comment from one of the posters. Thought we were all just trying to help each other out, but there's always one in the crowd and we all know it.
I have mine turned off, but if I'm ever on a longer road trip, I think it will be a nice feature to have if I get tired while driving.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAH, mines the opposite, so I always use my turn indicator with one exception....when I lane change Prius drivers, which I relish in. Well obviously doing that with the lane departure on causes me to have to wrestle with the system trying to keep me in my lane and it makes me laugh, which is perfect, because the Prius driver thinks I'm mentally unstable and laughing like a loon.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
HAH, mines the opposite, so I always use my turn indicator with one exception....when I lane change Prius drivers, which I relish in. Well obviously doing that with the lane departure on causes me to have to wrestle with the system trying to keep me in my lane and it makes me laugh, which is perfect, because the Prius driver thinks I'm mentally unstable and laughing like a loon.

Prius drivers are unwashed heathens obsesses with hypermiling at ~10mph under the limit while texting or facebooking their friends how great their mpg are.

a pox be upon their house.

As much as I hate to admit anything in common with Clarkson, on the prius he’s right... it has no redeeming qualities, save for a machine gun target.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine occasionally will let me get out of the lane, but will pull it back hard. Generally it does a great job keeping it in between the lines, so much so I'll turn it off if the lanes get tight.

I've got a 17 btw.