K02's or KM2's??? That's The Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuuuup

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed in these forums as I have looked to see if these particular tires have been compared/discussed specifically.

I really cannot find anything negative about either - maybe that the KM2's are louder than the KO2's...which is to be expected.

Or am I trying to compare apples to oranges when comparing these tires.

Thanks for your candid feedback!!!

Last edited:

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed in these forums as I have looked to see if these particular tires have been compared/discussed specifically.

I really cannot find anything negative about either - maybe that the KO2's are louder than the KO's...which is to be expected.

Or am I trying to compare apples to oranges when comparing these tires.

Thanks for your candid feedback!!!

Apples to oranges. The ko2 is more of an all terrain tire. Good at everything for the most part. KM2 is a mud tire but does well at other things as well. Go to the bfg website and compare the two to get the best info. I just ordered ko2's, they should be here Friday. :pepper:

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned both several times and used them on all types of terrains. My experience is similar to what you'd find online anywhere.

KM2s: (Mud-terrain tires):

Off-road-ability: In off-road deep snow and mud, they're great, because the large lugs clean themselves easily. Great on loose gravel roads, but beware if after-market wheels have pushed your tires out a little and exposed the lugs past the side steps. If you have your windows open and elbow laying on the window sill, flying rocks can easily hit your arm and cause insane amounts of pain and discomfort. Ask me how I know.

On-road-ability: The lack of siping causes limited traction in light snow and ice on pavement. In other words, they suck in light snow and ice on the road. You're better off sledding to your destination, because that's what your truck's gonna do regardless. Dry and light rain is fine on the road. Noise isn't terrible until you reach 1/2 of the tread life. After about 20,000 miles, it get s really loud. You need to rotate religiously every 3k miles because they tend to cup more than other mud-terrains.

KO/KO2s: (All-terrain tires):

Off-road-ability: Great all-around off-roading tire. Great on loose gravel. Not so great in deep mud or snow, but good on light snow or sand. KO2s are better than KOs in mud, but still can't hold a candle to KM2s.

On-road-ability: Good on-road tire with decent traction in all types of weather patterns. Light snow and ice traction is pretty good. Dry weather and light rain is great and it can even do deep snow on pavement pretty well. Lots more siping and soft compound allows for good cold weather traction.

There's no denying that the KM2s are very sexy tires. IMO, the KM2s are one of the nicest looking tire on the market. However, unless I have an off-road-only vehicle like a modded-out truck or Jeep, I prefer to go with a much more civilized KO2. Still aggressive looking, but much better behaved on the road, especially for a daily driver.

Hope this helps.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I've owned both several times and used them on all types of terrains. My experience is similar to what you'd find online anywhere.

KM2s: (Mud-terrain tires):

Off-road-ability: In off-road deep snow and mud, they're great, because the large lugs clean themselves easily. Great on loose gravel roads, but beware if after-market wheels have pushed your tires out a little and exposed the lugs past the side steps. If you have your windows open and elbow laying on the window sill, flying rocks can easily hit your arm and cause insane amounts of pain and discomfort. Ask me how I know.

On-road-ability: The lack of siping causes limited traction in light snow and ice on pavement. In other words, they suck in light snow and ice on the road. You're better off sledding to your destination, because that's what your truck's gonna do regardless. Dry and light rain is fine on the road. Noise isn't terrible until you reach 1/2 of the tread life. After about 20,000 miles, it get s really loud. You need to rotate religiously every 3k miles because they tend to cup more than other mud-terrains.

KO/KO2s: (All-terrain tires):

Off-road-ability: Great all-around off-roading tire. Great on loose gravel. Not so great in deep mud or snow, but good on light snow or sand. KO2s are better than KOs in mud, but still can't hold a candle to KM2s.

On-road-ability: Good on-road tire with decent traction in all types of weather patterns. Light snow and ice traction is pretty good. Dry weather and light rain is great and it can even do deep snow on pavement pretty well. Lots more siping and soft compound allows for good cold weather traction.

There's no denying that the KM2s are very sexy tires. IMO, the KM2s are one of the nicest looking tire on the market. However, unless I have an off-road-only vehicle like a modded-out truck or Jeep, I prefer to go with a much more civilized KO2. Still aggressive looking, but much better behaved on the road, especially for a daily driver.

Hope this helps.

hqdefault.jpg

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taxman has it... They are badass in deep snow and mud but light snow look out... I bought a new set of KM2's for last years snoball pre run and dam near crashed my truck 3 times because of light snow. 5 trucks pulled up into BWW's for lunch we all wanted to back in to park, I had to put my truck in 4wd to move! I was so disappointed after spending 1400 on the tires. So, I bought a tire siping tool, did all my tires the day i got back and went to the snoball hoping that it was drive-able next week at the event. Sure enough it was fantastic after the siping!!!

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a very humbling feeling when there's a light dusting of snow and ice and conditions are generally miserable and your big-ass $60k race truck with 35" bad-ass aggressive mud-terrains is slipping all over the road and the Prius next to you is moving along just fine.

richm

Reaction score
I have the KO2's. Just drove back from Sioux Falls SD to Colorado Springs a week ago in the big blizzard. They did an incredible job in the snow, and were exceptional on the dry pavement on the way out. They are much quieter than the original KO's, and perform much better in the snow as well. I really pushed the deep stuff looking for trouble when i got back. No issues.