Just Bought This Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaykub247

Reaction score
Hey Everyone--

New to FRF but just bought my first Raptor and wanted to show it off. I got this 2017 with 17.5k Miles on it for $45k.
IMG_0788.jpg

Had to replace the IWE cable, getting the plugs replaced and converting it to a metal oil pan tomorrow. Also already got a Cobb AP with TCM and man it made a difference in the shifting. Any other ideas for mods or maintenance?

Jake

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

Is that one of the five or so 2017 trucks without a twin panel moonroof ? !

definitely consider either traction bars or a torque arm for the rear suspension. This will make acceleration and rear end handling much more predictable.

OP
OP
jaykub247

jaykub247

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

Is that one of the five or so 2017 trucks without a twin panel moonroof ? !

definitely consider either traction bars or a torque arm for the rear suspension. This will make acceleration and rear end handling much more predictable.

Correct! No moonroof . Ive seen a lot of people complain about them here but I only bought this one for the deal regardless of what it came with. Luckily it was an 802a package

Good recommendations for traction bars or torque arm?

OP
OP
jaykub247

jaykub247

Reaction score
Good deal. Was the oil pan leaking, or are you just changing it for preventative maintenance? I changed my plugs to the SP-542. It was a noticeable difference.
The plastic one is leaking. And after taking it to the dealer they wanted to replace it with another plastic one for $1700. With all the hate i saw on the plastic oil pans I decided to call Galpin Auto sports to replace it with a metal one. I guess theyve done it a lot and they want $1200.

Also, i have the dealer putting in SP594s tomorrow. Is this a no no? I ordered these plugs online (same ones on Goosetuned’s site) but they wont be in in time for Galpin to do it:

M-12405-35T​

Should I wait to do this plug i ordered?

Last edited: