It's been 2 full months now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeE

Reaction score
It's been 2 full months and it still feels like the first day. After being in the Tundra's since '09, a whole lot has changed in the pickup truck world, that's for sure. It makes me wish I lived 30 miles from work instead of 12.
I also find it interesting that Ford doesn't offer the special 0% financing on these sic beasts. They know it's going to sell no matter what. They offer it on the Expedition Platinums and the 150 King Ranch's, but not these.
My neighbor across the street has a Gen 1 that he bought in it's 2nd year, and it is that khaki/desert sand color. You can definitely hear his fire up in the morning!

04141.jpg 04142.jpg

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a Tundra I would be curious to know what you love about your new Ford Raptor. The Tundra has an enviable reputation as having a bulletproof drivetrain that will easily go 300k miles.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I traded in a 2010 Tundra for my 2018 raptor. Loving the Raptor. Just wish I could get Toyota level service with the raptor and it would be blissful ownership

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a Tundra I would be curious to know what you love about your new Ford Raptor. The Tundra has an enviable reputation as having a bulletproof drivetrain that will easily go 300k miles.

TFL Trucks did a video on longest lasting trucks where they go over registered vehicles over 100k, 200k, and 300k. Tundra was top of the list. Toyota is known for durability but they are terrible at engineering new stuff. Old body styles, old engines, old infotainment, and inefficient vehicles. I’m at 2 mo ownership also...truck was in Yesterday for an oil leak. They put dye in and told me to come back after 300miles...now that I’m telecommuting I need to figure out a way to drive 300miles haha.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would think that Ford would offer a financing deal on them as their lots are stacked with them and they are not moving. I think they are glad to have the inventory since the plants are shut down and they need it to last a couple of months. Maybe once the economy opens back up we could see some deals who knows? Wouldn't hold my bre

My neighbor just got a New Tundra in White/Black and it looks Great. A little friendly competition.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's been 2 full months and it still feels like the first day. After being in the Tundra's since '09, a whole lot has changed in the pickup truck world, that's for sure. It makes me wish I lived 30 miles from work instead of 12.
I also find it interesting that Ford doesn't offer the special 0% financing on these sic beasts. They know it's going to sell no matter what. They offer it on the Expedition Platinums and the 150 King Ranch's, but not these.
My neighbor across the street has a Gen 1 that he bought in it's 2nd year, and it is that khaki/desert sand color. You can definitely hear his fire up in the morning!

View attachment 141480 View attachment 141481

I don't find it interesting at all that 0% financing isn't available on a Raptor. All the other vehicles you mentioned have stiff competition from other brands and free money could very well be the deciding factor on choosing a Ford over a competitor. I also have an Escape and 0% is the main reason I went with it over the competition. As it stands now, the Raptor really doesn't have competition from other brands. TRX might change that, but it's not here yet.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't find it interesting at all that 0% financing isn't available on a Raptor. All the other vehicles you mentioned have stiff competition from other brands and free money could very well be the deciding factor on choosing a Ford over a competitor. I also have an Escape and 0% is the main reason I went with it over the competition. As it stands now, the Raptor really doesn't have competition from other brands. TRX might change that, but it's not here yet.

Good point- also probably proof positive Ford will continue the tradition of waiting 2-3 years into the new gen before debuting the new raptor version

reason I say that? GM IS offering 0% financing for damn 84 months and discounts on new C7 vettes (along w/ other vehicles) - on face of it you’d say, well isn’t that the opposite, C7 vette doesn’t really have much “competition” @ their combo of price vs performance right?

sure they do- the C8s that are already available to purchase & immediately make a C7 irrelevant. A completely redesigned gen3 raptor would do the same to current gen 2s- IF they were going to be available right around the corner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngodavid23