Is there any way to straighten this fender?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a little oops action the other day. Bounced off a rock and jammed the step into the bottom of the front fender. Some minor breakage down low and a bulge out up above which leaves a pretty big gap with the door. Is there any likely fix for this or will I have to live with it? TIA

1690650012698.png

1690649964118.png

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
loos like you will need to pull the fender and straighten the mounts. it appears thr bottom mount got pushed up which will cause the fender to bulge like that. who was it? i know its not you.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
That's what you get for having the fat side of the step toward the front like that. :)

I would pull the step and see if it pops back.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
loos like you will need to pull the fender and straighten the mounts. it appears thr bottom mount got pushed up which will cause the fender to bulge like that. who was it? i know its not you.
I was wondering that. I don't know how the fender is mounted and don't want to pull it if I don't have to. I didn't see anything out of line when I crawled underneath, but I was wondering if one of the mounts got popped out and needs to be redone.

It was me. Slipped off a big rock and dropped onto the step.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what you get for having the fat side of the step toward the front like that. :)

I would pull the step and see if it pops back.
Har. I took a sledge and beat the step back down so that it's close to it's original position. I was hoping that would fix it. No joy.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering that. I don't know how the fender is mounted and don't want to pull it if I don't have to. I didn't see anything out of line when I crawled underneath, but I was wondering if one of the mounts got popped out and needs to be redone.

whose gen 2 did you borrow?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

You can remove the fender liner and take a peak. Might be able to see something out of alignment and adjust as needed.

Or break out the hammer and dolly.

:hidesbehindsofa:

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you see anything through the inside of the door at all? Like a bracket or something you could get a long punch on from inside/above? If it was pushed up from the step it’s gotta be close by.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you see anything through the inside of the door at all? Like a bracket or something you could get a long punch on from inside/above? If it was pushed up from the step it’s gotta be close by.
No, I can't. I think I'll drop the fender liner when I get a chance.