Is there any dealers selling at MSRP? Im talking to my dealer and they are giving me the run around

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar7

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know of a list of dealers selling at MSRP? My local dealer has a gen 3 801a coming and willing to sell it to me at 10k over msrp. Once we got to chatting they now want me to finance through them so they get a kick back. Basically forcing me to go through them instead of USAA so they can make even more money on the deal. After I said why would I have to do that because theyre already taxing me on the 10k and they said they can show examples of other dealers selling for 25k and "they want to hook me up"

I just want something to fire back and make they sweat I guess

Thanks in advanced

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do that deal tbh. F*** that! You could but I would refinance after 1 month to USAA for a better rate. These days it's hard to find Raptors at MSRP just because production levels are low. There is a thread on here of an file that has dealers selling for MSRP or ADM. Can't remember what it was called but im sure you can search it up!

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want the truck do the deal. Maybe their rate is close? If not refi out after you take procession. Unfortunate the market is this way but if you want one you gotta be willing to play their games right now.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't let the financing through them piece be the deal breaker. Like others mentioned you can always refi later. When I got my '20 I came in with financing but Ford financing was able to match it and then I was able to get the dealer down to invoice because they were still making money. Win win.

Now the real question is can you stomach the 10k ADM. There's 1 million threads on here that discuss this at length but ultimately it's your choice and your money. By your signature line you already have a Gen 2 so if it were me I'd wait until prices come down, enjoy your Gen 2 and save yourself a lot of money and trouble.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone above. I am finishing up with my dealer on my truck which is due to arrive any day. I was originally going to finance with them... they used BofA, but rates went up and I was still locked in with USAA in the low 2's which they could not match today... and they were happy I had the better rate and respected that. I won't even get into a 10k ADM... that's a choice you must make. I did this with a dealership that does not charge over MSRP and it was back in October when they had allocations. As others said above, it's just such a tough environment right now. Until things get better, many dealers are just going to ride the profit wave as long as they can. The situation with China being shut down is just worsening the supply chain, and allocations seem to be far and few between with scheduling and production taking forever. So if you have the ability to get one now, and you are content with the price, do what you have to do. USAA's rates today are not the lowest out there so if they can beat it, then go with the lower rate.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10K is the best I've seen in this market looking nationwide....
If you want the truck now, that's as good as it gets. :cool:

I just passed on a '22 over the weekend, 37"PP 20K over....
Only you can pick your "pain" level. ;)

IERAPTOR

Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know of a list of dealers selling at MSRP? My local dealer has a gen 3 801a coming and willing to sell it to me at 10k over msrp. Once we got to chatting they now want me to finance through them so they get a kick back. Basically forcing me to go through them instead of USAA so they can make even more money on the deal. After I said why would I have to do that because theyre already taxing me on the 10k and they said they can show examples of other dealers selling for 25k and "they want to hook me up"

Thanks in advanced
CINISI should be along shortly to give you all the info you need regarding how good a deal that is.

Last edited:

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh. I got my truck now almost 3months ago and it’s sooo much better than my Gen2! I am happy I spent the extra to get it at this point and not looking back. I at the time got a deal through Ford Credit and was happy with the deal. ADM and all.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer I go to all the time told me they would sell me there Gen 3 at MSRP cause they know I always come in for maintenance. Anyone else they asking 15K over MSRP. Cause they want the vehicle to come back for maintenance visits and etc. But I LOVE my Gen1 so not interested. They just don't want someone from out of state or the area buying it then never come back.

toolmanglenn

Reaction score

Thanks in advanced
Kaytes Ford in Warwick NY sold me mine at MSRP. Other dealers in the area were 10K over. Not sure if it’s because I’ve always bought my car they the same salesmen or not.