Invest in a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the Raptor a good investment? Found a rare molten orange, loaded, with only 15k on it. It is a 2010 street queen with no mods. Original sticker was $51K, I believe... they are asking too much, but at the right price, can it go up in value?

Yukon Joe

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can afford 2, I would make the current one a hell uv a beast and use the Molten Orange one for DD duty. I always regret not having another H3 in the driveway that was un modded and good as a DD. The current one is is being worked one / updated too often

Last edited:

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Near term, not a chance. Long term who knows. A whole lot of factors would come into play. I would look up prices on older SVO/SVT products(80's/90's) to get an idea on how they hold there value and or resell now. The Raptor has a lot going for it like low production numbers overall but it isn't on a Ford GT level in numbers or exclusivity. Though it definitely doesn't seem to lose as much value rolling off the lot.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think if Ford were to stop making them tomorrow and did not bring it back for a future F150, it would hold its value. It will always have a cult following which would help with that respect.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
molten orange '10 was what got me in all this trouble in the first place. saw it on the lot a few months ago and stopped to check it out. 10k miles. asking 42 and change. not sure what they got for it but it sold couple weeks later

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as an investment , A Raptor is a bad idea, it will only hold value, but its a perishable menaing they dont stay perfect without a ton of care. By stock in VHC or AMRN those are investments, and short term ones.... If you want a long term investment think about things that are comodities.... Oil futures, Natural gas futures... But a vehicle is a poor investment on an average especially in todays market on something thats not a limited edition...

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my personal opinion is that no modern vehicle will ever be a collector car. Furthermore, I've never seen an offroad vehicle (technically the Raptor is an offroad vehicle, believe it or not guys, haha!) as a collector car, except perhaps a 60-70's bronco, but i feel those guys were high when asking some of those prices.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think it will not depreciate fast but it would be a long time before its ever worth more and thats if they stop making the raptor. the molten orange is a good color to have on too out of all of them tho. probably the rarest u could get

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the Raptor a good investment? Found a rare molten orange, loaded, with only 15k on it. It is a 2010 street queen with no mods. Original sticker was $51K, I believe... they are asking too much, but at the right price, can it go up in value?

Yukon Joe

I like the idea...I would only consider it if you could flip it fairly fast for a nice return...remember you are tying up a significant amount of cash and taking a large risk...so I would want a return that would justify your risk..what that return would be, only you can determine...for me I would be somewhere around an APR of 20%+...

I have always considered vehicles as a depreciating assets...

Just my .02.

Fred