Introducing The New RPG Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sooo.. that article pretty much says beadlocks aren't illegal, but they aren't necessarily legal either.
Right. You're not breaking any laws.

So if you get in an accident, the cop isn't going to slap you with a ticket for having beadlocks. But you need to make damn sure your insurance can't pin any of the cause on them (or any other non DOT conforming part, for that matter). If they can, or even think they can, they'll drop you in a heartbeat and its on YOU to prove the non DOT part was not the cause.

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What drove the decision to with a zero offset vs. a more positive offset closer to the stock profile?

Love the looks of the wheel but I'm not to sure about adding just over 3" to the overall track width of my truck.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Why is it that beadlocks are not dot recognized?

---
I am here: Google Maps
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

err...because how many idiots out there would leave their tires dangerously under inflated and then bomb down the highway. it's just like anything else, if it requires people not being idiots it won't be allowed. the DOT doesn't mess around with tires and wheels especially because when you think about all the attention we pay to our vehicles, the tires are the only thing that actually touches the road.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What drove the decision to with a zero offset vs. a more positive offset closer to the stock profile?

Love the looks of the wheel but I'm not to sure about adding just over 3" to the overall track width of my truck.

Cerberos,

The decision to go with the offset we did is for two main reasons. First, they allow you to run the RPG 1.5" Upper Control Arm. Second, this offset allows for the fender wells to be more filled out allowing for a more aggressive stance.

Oh ya, 1:30 works good for me tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Wasn't sure never dealt with beadlocks

---
I am here: Google Maps
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't the headache they are made out to be. After the initial torquing, check them again after 100 miles or so. Once you do that, you won't have to worry about them again.

Modern day beadlocks balance out perfect if done right and you can run them like any other wheel.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

There are so many fake-locks on the market, most cops are not bothering to inspect the wheels. In my experience, it's always the clapped out POS with 20 violations visible from 100 feet that would get pulled over and written up. It is very rare for a well built and clean truck to be pulled over for a violation that is very difficult to see.

Very true. I never once got hassled by the police with bead locks. The way the laws are written, or shall I say not written. You are more likely to break a traffic law driving to work tomorrow than you are breaking the law with a beadlock. I mean who drives 55mph in a 55mph???

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They also state on that page:"LiftLaws.com strongly believes that beadlocks should not be installed on vehicles driven on the street as they are not as safe as their non-beadlock counterparts."

Do you agree with that?
I agree with the entire paragraph that line is pulled from, yes. Beadlocks on a rig that spends 99% of its time on the pavement are a mismatch in my opinion. Sorta seems like bringing a .50BMG to a knife fight.