Insuring a Raptor and ISO Symbols

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loneraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor is $6 cheaper of month than my ecoboost f150 and I think that was just like $10 cheaper than my old STi

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine does say Raptor and my wife was pissed because it's cheaper than her Explorer (and 2 yrs newer!)

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Super Truck

My insurance (Farmers) list my Raptor as "Super Truck" now who can argue with that? The Raptor only increased my insurance bill $50 a month but it is the fourth vehicle on my policy with three drivers.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Another thing to make sure is covered is all the mod's that you have done to your truck. Most policies state that as long as it is "attached" to the truck it is covered. But I can assure you (my brother-in-law is my insurance agent) if you have $10,000 in mod's on your truck and you total it you are going to be in for a surprise.

To be sure you are fully covered, you can list your mod's on your policy. I did that and my insurance went up $6.00 a year. Cheap for making sure all my mod's are covered.

This is the problem we ran into with Allstate. They only covered 3k in Modifications and (at least in Nebraska) could not add any customizations. With more than 10k in mods mostly in the front of the truck, just hitting a deer would be devastating. We ended up switching everything over to Geico with all the customizations they were still cheaper than Allstate. Neither Allstate or Geico list it as a Raptor though.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind with mods though, some factory parts may cost more than the aftermarket ones with a vehicle like the Raptor where parts are all specialty and more expensive!

I hope I nail a deer lol. I'm sure a Raptor specific bumper and skid plate easily costs almost as much at full price as an aftermarket bumper does lol. Hope it takes out my headlights too so I can get some Ducati Raptor Retrofit ones too haha