GEN 2 Installed SVC's Coil Adjuster System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NWFreerider

Reaction score
Raptizzle, did you calibrate the truck for the increased tire diameter? Also, any noticeable loss in performance with the 37s?
Sweet vid and the stance looks great. Got me thinking about 37s but don't want to be under geared with them.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to do an alignment after installing these? Do you have to take the spring off? Definitely going to have to get on this waiting list

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptizzle, did you calibrate the truck for the increased tire diameter? Also, any noticeable loss in performance with the 37s?
Sweet vid and the stance looks great. Got me thinking about 37s but don't want to be under geared with them.

Thanks! I did not recalibrate and probably won't but that's more personal preference. The loss in performance is minimal but you gain all that back with a larger tire offroad. Bigger tire = smaller holes.

Did you have to do an alignment after installing these? Do you have to take the spring off? Definitely going to have to get on this waiting list

I'm getting an alignment today but that's more so due to the weekend shenanigans. Yea, spring comes off for the initial install.

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I did not recalibrate and probably won't but that's more personal preference.

"...personal preference" ??????

The ECU bases anything speed related on the rolling diameter of the tires. Your shift points are all affected now since you have a substantially taller tire vs. what the ECU thinks is there. And with 10 gears...that's a lot of incorrect shift points.

Don't know if you have the technology package or not, but *if* you do, now your adaptive cruise control is also affected.

It's not a personal preference thing. There's a lot more going on than simply an incorrect speedometer. If this was 1980, no biggie.

Just an FYI....

BTW, truck looks sick w/37's !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The ECU bases anything speed related on the rolling diameter of the tires. Your shift points are all affected now since you have a substantially taller tire vs. what the ECU thinks is there. And with 10 gears...that's a lot of incorrect shift points.

Don't know if you have the technology package or not, but *if* you do, now your adaptive cruise control is also affected.

It's not a personal preference thing. There's a lot more going on than simply an incorrect speedometer. If this was 1980, no biggie.

Just an FYI....

Did it even shift correctly to begin with?

I don't use cruise control #becausebajamode

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Just an FYI....

We are currently working on our new Tune for the Gen2 trucks and it should give really good power gains, plus allow for tire size, tpms and such to be changed via the handheld.

With regards to how Raptizzles truck feels post 37's? I drove it before the 37's and after 37's. I can't feel a dam bit of difference with regards to shift points even though there are shift point changes based on the new tire size, they are so negligible in feel that neither one of us noticed them.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are currently working on our new Tune for the Gen2 trucks and it should give really good power gains, plus allow for tire size, tpms and such to be changed via the handheld.

With regards to how Raptizzles truck feels post 37's? I drove it before the 37's and after 37's. I can't feel a dam bit of difference with regards to shift points even though there are shift point changes based on the new tire size, they are so negligible in feel that neither one of us noticed them.

With 10 speeds and a 4:10 ratio that makes sense.
Tone

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the truck already setup for 34.4" tires from the factory, jumping up to 36.5" tires results in a 6% increase either using the diameter or the revs/mile on bfg's spec sheet. Going from 32" to 34.4" on my Tundra was a 7.5% increase and still made a minimal difference. In fact the speedo was actually accurate with the larger tires as the Tundra and my Raptor are a couple mph low around 55-65 mph.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
With the truck already setup for 34.4" tires from the factory, jumping up to 36.5" tires results in a 6% increase either using the diameter or the revs/mile on bfg's spec sheet. Going from 32" to 34.4" on my Tundra was a 7.5% increase and still made a minimal difference. In fact the speedo was actually accurate with the larger tires as the Tundra and my Raptor are a couple mph low around 55-65 mph.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This was my experience too. I was a couple mph slow with 315s and with my 37s I ended up a little under a mph fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk