In-Key Remote Start poor range?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Just took mine apart. Guess this ain't my issue, I got two nipples already. From a 2014. Joe does Big Red have the new?

4fc0a9a08f7f1865959362f14c2376ce.jpg

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine apart just out of curisoty. No nipples. With a fresh battery, I can start mine from my desk, through a brick wall, across a street, and past the smoking gazebo to my parking spot. Probably 25 or 35 yards depending on which side of the lot I park on.

I am glad that the swap worked out for you YJ. I think Jimbo had this issue too. May have been someone else, I am old and don't remember. :)

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Guess I need to add this to the service list when I go in.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Dealership wouldn't replace the gaskets stating that the system is working correctly. *******!!! I should have reminded them that I just bought a $50k Explorer from them. It's a 50 cent part. Online stores want atleast $7.00 for shipping. I may check the parts dept at one of the other dozen Ford dealerships in the area.

OP
OP
D

Dresden

Reaction score
I have the nipples on mine, but my range is still dismally low. I'd solder in an extended antenna but the fob's mainboard is sealed in an enclosure, and I don't want to ruin the plastic... Anyone know an easy way to get this fob taken completely apart ?