Drive/Exhaust/Suspension/Steering Mode bug/easter-egg with remote start...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I'm either losing my mind, this truck is on the fritz, or I've discovered a bug/easter-egg. This is repeatable 100% of the time for me, in my instance.

You know how when you change your drive mode, once you get out of the truck and park it for however long, the drive, exhaust, steering, and suspension modes all go back to normal? Sure, it'll prompt you to go back to Sport if you were previously in it (and I think it also prompts for Baja, too...?) but you have to click yes. So now that it's getting darker earlier, my auto headlights have been turning on, although it's not that dark dark so I've been manually switching to parking lights. I'm lazy, so I figure I'm just running into the grocery store real fast, and I'm parked, so I'll just leave my parking lights on. I can find it in the dark better that way.

Anyway, here's the crazy part:

I'll be in Normal mode, Sport suspension, Baja exhaust, and Comfort steering, for example. Any setting I can come up with works. I'll get out of the truck with the parking lights on. Lock via key fob. Go into whatever place I need to go into. Come out and remote start the truck. Get in the truck, and all my previous drive settings are there when pushing the button to drive. If I don't remote start, it might keep the suspension setting, but not always. The exhaust and steering always revert. If I remote start, the settings always stay as they were.

If I don't leave the parking lights on, all modes always revert back to normal.

I've done this probably 45-50 times over the past few weeks before posting on here because my flame suit is not in good working order.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is willing to try it out on your truck? Because this is blowing my mind.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
You should have options in the Sync menu to select how you want it to configure when using remote start.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
100% repeatable, you say. This may be good news for those of us with ‘21 trucks that don’t have the R Mode feature…if this is indeed the case. So the parking lights & remote start are the key. Will try this out. Thanks.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This may be good news for those of us with ‘21 trucks that don’t have the R Mode feature…
You'd have to (maybe?) leave the parking lights on, though, for the entirety of when you're parked. Not a big deal if a short trip like all of my adventures, though I'd not recommend it overnight or days at a time when you may not be driving for extended parked hours.