offroad steering mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr_Superbia

Reaction score
After exhausting my synonyms in the search, I have not been able to come up with an answer.. Does anyone know what the "baja/off-road" steering mode is supposed to do? It seems to be inaccessible unless in one of the overall off-road modes w/ 4wd.

To clarify, I am talking about the steering mode selection options. My '22 shows 4 options, (I forget the order..) Normal, Sport, Comfort, and one that has the Baja Symbol. The other three are switchable at any time. The baja one is skipped over unless the truck is in one of the overall off-road modes. (I have not tested it by leaving it in normal and selecting awd or 4wd. It may work that way too.)

I have been trying to figure out what it does, but anytime I am off-road enough to justify Off-road or Baja modes, I don't really feel any difference with it on vs using one of the other modes.

The only thing I have been able to think of, that would require it to be offroad and in 4wd, is the trail turn assist. But that is a function in the center command system. I was told, unlike the broncos which have a hard button, the best I could do to have that easily accessible was to make it the custom quick tab on that center screen..

OP
OP
M

Mr_Superbia

Reaction score
Per the trusty manual, Offroad steering mode is similar assist to Normal with added damping for improved control during off-road driving.
Thank you! lol Definitely a brain fart moment, I am usually the one to say "oh the manual is integrated and you can search anything". Meanwhile I got completely stuck in "process of elimination" mode and didn't think to just pull it up and search.. Did it say anything about why it needs to be in 4wd? or better yet, did you just search "offroad steering mode"? I will look it up once I get time this afternoon. Thanks again!