Improve throttle response?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

neoxaero

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! Is there any significant difference between the couple of tuners that write tunes for these trucks?

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MTF is right, the mono-blade on the raptor doesn't work too well. I just put on the ford twin 65mm and there is a fairly noticeable difference. That is a butt dyno measurement. I also just installed the guage cluster JDM is offering and the 0-60 guage is quite cool. Making 6300lbs go from 0-60 in under 6 seconds is quite entertaining!

As for the tuner questions I would say the 5 star is most aggressive(I had it). Since I have been sc for a while, it seems like SVC has gotten a lot of positive reviews on here. When I did it(2 years ago) 5 star was the overall favorite on here. Now maybe SVC based on what I am seeing. I am guessing that tune is a little more driveable everyday, than the 5 star.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, until I can do the blower, I'd like to see someone figure out hot to get rid of the WOT 3500+rpm and be able to get 100% WOT right off of idle.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well I can tell you right off the bat the SCT base files are nothing like a good custom tune. If you want to start there we can email you a great file that will drastically improve response over the SCT files. Also a little more power, torque, and fuel economy to boot. The best part about our tune though is the shifting. It will provide smooth, crisp shift points that stretch our a littler further than stock RPM and will allow you to spin the tires on command!

Of coarse as everyone mentions the Supercharger is your next best bet and we have plenty of choices there...RAPTOR - 2010-2014 RAPTOR 6.2L - Superchargers - JDM Engineering

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, until I can do the blower, I'd like to see someone figure out hot to get rid of the WOT 3500+rpm and be able to get 100% WOT right off of idle.

It has been figured out!
You may need to contact the tuner you use!!!
Maybe do a data log to confirm the TB is not opening 100% from idle.

If you have and are still not happy, move on to another tuner. And be sure to post.
Which sucks because it's $250 for a Tune just to find out if you like it or not.

Last edited:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like I will have to make a phone call then. Thanks MTF. I didn't realize someone got it figured out yet. I will have to get that done then.

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad someone figured it out. I was beginning to worry. that is the first thing you have done to a GM get the dead pedal removed. they all come with late tip in. My manual Vette has as much dead pedal as my Raptor. In a GM its a very simple table change and I was wondering why it was such a mystery on the Raptor.

Anyone in Atlanta,,, Vengance has completed a Raptor supercharger upgrade. They were always a GM shop but my neighbor acoss the street rolled up in his completed CTS-V Vengance modified car and he said he saw a Raptor getting completed :) oddly enough my neighbor also has a 2014 black SCREW Raptor. Maybe time to go get the dead pedal removed on the Raptor.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I never heard of this. Wish I would have. Guess it cant help me now can it? Too many blowers and tunes now. Would it improve what I have now?