Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s good and we all want it BUT, it’s not available for 23 or 24 trucks unless you send in your computer for bench tuning. We are all patiently waiting for someone to unlock it.

This is not correct. Bench tuning of a 23/24 ecm is not available. They are acquiring older model year ecms and swapping them.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s good and we all want it BUT, it’s not available for 23 or 24 trucks unless you send in your computer for bench tuning. We are all patiently waiting for someone to unlock it.
23-24 can’t be bench unlocked at this time either. 21-22 cannot be OBD unlocked, they require a bench unlock unless something’s changed recently.

Stage 2 is 1,000% worth it.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean i have bros with 24 M3 Competition package and 992s getting tuned but here we are still sweating someone to leak a code in the most corrupt state of the civilization.
No hard feelings i am sure people are not holding back on purpose they would love to make money…

Irony

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say by quarter 4 of this year if these are still locked and nobody has done it then it can't be done which really sucks a bag of cox n dix.
And what is that indicative of? Ford can’t be hacked? Ford engineers are principled? I’d love to know how this ball gets rolling.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a dumb question. What does it take? A code that has it locked? Like what is the process behind "unlocking" one?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I have a dumb question. What does it take? A code that has it locked? Like what is the process behind "unlocking" one?
From what I understand it is an encrypted code and they need to break the encryption before they can modify the data on the pcm. Over the last 5 yrs companies have really stepped up the difficulty.

ChevyLee

Reaction score
In 2019 gm said you won’t be able to crack the pcm for the l5p diesel. It took a few years but it was done. Give it time. We will be tuning these in no time.