I need a new Ford Raptor windshield - OEM or Aftermarket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacement windshield

I need to replace my cracked windshield, but have no clue on what glass to choose. Apparently I have options. Solar w/ third visor band,
solar w/ ford oval in third visor band, solar w/ soundproofing and ford oval (factory?), and solar w/ soundproofing that (aftermarket?). What is the best quality, what the hell is sound proofing, and what is the factory glass configuration?

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to replace my cracked windshield, but have no clue on what glass to choose. Apparently I have options. Solar w/ third visor band,
solar w/ ford oval in third visor band, solar w/ soundproofing and ford oval (factory?), and solar w/ soundproofing that (aftermarket?). What is the best quality, what the hell is sound proofing, and what is the factory glass configuration?

I cracked my windshield just before coming back to work and called my Ford stealership to get a price for a replacement.

I wasn't given any options of any kind and was quoted $297.00 plus tax and installation.

Anyone else have any input on these "options" ? Kind of curious now.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm not going to TRR, however I did see Treypal headed up Sunday morning.

$297 sounds cheap. I got an online quote from safelite, $404 installed for the factory glass with "soundproofing" and "solar". But I'm still not sure what that means.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The one with the ford in visor is the one that comes factory on the Raptor. The sound screen one is the one that comes on the Platinum's and King Ranch. It's kind of like dynamat for you windshield. When I had mine replaced through my insurance they brought the sound screen one by accident and tried to reschedule because they are more expensive and wasn't covered until I made a scene and they gave it to me.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one with the ford in visor is the one that comes factory on the Raptor. The sound screen one is the one that comes on the Platinum's and King Ranch. It's kind of like dynamat for you windshield. When I had mine replaced through my insurance they brought the sound screen one by accident and tried to reschedule because they are more expensive and wasn't covered until I made a scene and they gave it to me.

Could you tell a difference in rode noise?

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacement windshield

Yes I was actually surprised at the difference. You don't get that wind noice when your on the highway at around 80-85.

How long have you had the sound shield glass in? Done any offroad with it?

I'm just curious as to how well that glass handle the fun. I'd like to try it.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How long have you had the sound shield glass in? Done any offroad with it?

I'm just curious as to how well that glass handle the fun. I'd like to try it.

It's been installed for about 2 1/2 months. I've only done some light off-roading with it but there is definitely a big difference. It's hard to explain but do you know when is really windy out and your driving fast and you hear the wind noise and the wipers rattle from the front of the truck. With the new windshield I dont hear shit.