How to increase gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nitrogen does not help at all with econ.... im pretty sure the purpose in tires is so they wont change PSI as badly when the weather changes, also nitrogen is like over 75% of the air we use so you think making it 100% in your tires is what? making it lighter? id really like to see logic in someones thought process to really claim nitrogen in tires is better...

craigkegger

Reaction score
nitrogen does not help at all with econ.... im pretty sure the purpose in tires is so they wont change PSI as badly when the weather changes, also nitrogen is like over 75% of the air we use so you think making it 100% in your tires is what? making it lighter? id really like to see logic in someones thought process to really claim nitrogen in tires is better...

Well, First off,, Pick up at book and read up on it!! And Im not gona argue,, But It is Just as you say!! When the weather changes and your tires heat up, The presures stays the same with nitrogen.. So take a small step back at this for one second!! They say to check your presure when tires are cold, And thats right,, When tires are cold with normal air, your tires are a bit under inflated because they know they will heat up and gain more presure.. So you are running them Flat tell they heat up(not good for fuel milage) then they are hot and are now over inflated(not good for traction)... Tires need to stay the same presure to work at 100%..... And the reasone i put nitro in my tires is because of tire life! As i said Tires cold, under inflated wears out the edges of the tires and over inflated wears out the center... They say you can get Up To 2 times the tire life!! And My nitro was FREE, Live in the North, And it dont matter to me if you guys do nitro or not!! But i does work, And im not trying to sell anything.... Just telling ya my experiance.. I thought you guys were up to date no new technology? Humm! The Bigger the tires, the more it helps!!

Good luck to the guys with open eyes!!

Last edited:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I didn't read all the way through this to see if someone else put this smart alec comment in but here it is.

1. Buy Honda Accord
2. Park Raptor and drive accord.
3. Only take raptor offroading. Everyone wins. Nature loves you.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not sure about twice the life on a tire......... i never heard a tire getting 120,000 miles on it. it only takes a few minutes for your tires to heat up anyways. if you get nitrogen for free, then it may be worth if or you. where i am some places charge $20 a tire for filling. so $80 per air fill-up at twice a month times 36 months = more than a set of new tires........

craigkegger

Reaction score
But i do see geting 90,000 insted of 60,000 that they say they are good for.. And thats giving you back $100.00 each.. Works for me!!

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But i do see geting 90,000 insted of 60,000 that they say they are good for.. And thats giving you back $100.00 each.. Works for me!!
if you check your tires even once a month and it costs you $80 to fill them after 5 months you have already spent the money you would have saved. if you have your tires 2 years.......

craigkegger

Reaction score
if you check your tires even once a month and it costs you $80 to fill them after 5 months you have already spent the money you would have saved. if you have your tires 2 years.......

You people dont even Get it?!? LOL!! Id10T,

You Put Nitro In!! Free$ to $80. Pocket change!
You Drive and Very Rarely Needs More Nitro!! But it is free if you need more!!
Better Gas Milage!! 2mpg
You get More tire life! 20,000 more miles! Thats 90,000 or so miles on a tire!!

ALL FOR $80.00 or FREE!! DA!!!:signs75: Cant Talk about Trucks or cars with people that are lost!

I thought this sight would have info? LOL!!

Last edited:

craigkegger

Reaction score
Nitrogen Information

We know that you will benefit by using Nitrogen in your tires instead of air. There is a lot of advantages that you should be aware of, and with that in mind we offer this information.

What is Nitrogen?

Nitrogen is a dry, inert gas used to inflate airplane tires, off-road truck tires, military vehicle tires, and race car tires for improved performance, more tire mileage and better fuel economy.

Why use Nitrogen?
•Less inflation pressure loss
•Reduced wheel corrosion
•Prevents inner-liner rubber deterioration by oxidation
•Tires run cooler
•Increases tread life
•Increases fuel mileage
•Helps prevent uneven wear

My Dealer puts it in when its new,, In Every New Car or Truck!!

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
im always up for a debate, even if i am wrong.......

here is what i found

The tires were filled and deflated three times with nitrogen to purge the air out of the tire cavity. We also used an oxygen analyzer to be sure we had 95-percent nitrogen purity in the tire--the claimed purity limit of our nitrogen system, which generates nitrogen gas from ambient air.

The test started on September 20, 2006 and the final measurements were taken on September 20, 2007.* The results show nitrogen does reduce pressure loss over time, but the reduction is only a 1.3 psi difference from air-filled tires. The average loss of air-filled tires was just 3.5 psi from the initial 30 pressure setting. Nitrogen-filled tires lost an average of 2.2 psi from the initial 30 psi setting. More important, all tires lost air pressure regardless of the inflation medium, so consumers should check their tires' air pressure routinely. No evaluation was done to assess the aging claim.

Bottom line: Overall, consumers can use nitrogen and might enjoy the slight improvement in air retention provided, but it's not a substitute for regular inflation checks.