How to increase gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should not buy a Raptor for mileage. If you want mileage buy a Focus. The best I have seen out of mine is 18 and that was on the in-dash information center. I did not check it with a calculator. I just can't force myself to drive the thing for fuel mileage, it is too fun to hammer on it.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to add to this fray that some of us actually take our trucks off-road and have to air down - making nitrogen even less appealing.

I guess if you have a street queen... :emotions122:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gonna give someone ideas... Next up:

WTB loaded 2012 eco raptor with nitrogen tires and full mod suspension for under 40k including shipping to 3rd world country
you forgot hennessey upgraded as well.....

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

GasPods.com - GetPodded.com

Try it out, let us know how it works.
mythbusters, golfball car.............

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GasPods. (chuckle) That's bloody brilliant. I'll go one better. Tape some bratworst sausages cut lengthwise to the cab. It it doesn't work, you can eat them.

And here's the reverse: I once saw a guy with a huge lifted truck running down the interstate with a two foot long loop of logging chain and two huge hex nuts the size of which might be use to bolt a bridge or an oil rig together swinging from his trailer hitch which was something like four or five feet off the ground. I imagine that nobody would ever tailgate him him because of all of the heavy steel he had in motion back there. Probably cost him a mile per gallon because nobody would draft him.