How much light is enough light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FRF shirt for the win!!

We ought to have THAT pic in our merch store instead of the generic zazzle.com pics.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You may also ask yourself what kind of light, I like having the option of switching from white light to amber in super dusty conditions as you would see in races and runs. Also watch the hood glare unless you have matted out hood, shinny is not your friend...
If you can get lights mounted higher than your eye level, will help. I totally agree with rear facing amber!!!

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow! What are those center lights?

I’ve had a few PM’s asking what these lights are on my Raptor and someone mentioned I should explain my lighting setup to all. These are all old off road lights from previous race cars and pre runners of mine from the old days. The push bar I made for my Nissan Armada for chasing in Baja and when I got my Raptor I couldn’t decide on a front bumper so I modified my Nissan push bar to fit the Raptor.

The lights on the “A Pillar” are Cibie Super Oscars - light weight and they are the largest light I would use on these “Outlaw Hood Brackets. The Cibie are a cornering/fog pattern and light up well enough for me to see to look out my driver’s window for a tight turns in the dark. They are awesome. The larger lights are made by PIAA and they were only made a couple years. When Ivan Stewart was sponsored by PIAA he had ten of these on his TT Toyota. This is a pair off his truck when they changed over to Hella. They are now a 50 watt HID - H4 Bulb converted by me. The other 5 lights are Hella 4000's and they are also 50 watt HID’s - H1 light bulbs.

solarfuel

Reaction score
I need to take some pics but currently running a 40" vision x reflex bar behind the grill, 2 baja squadron LEDs in the bumper, and 5 vision x 6550s on my custom bed rack. Still have 6 vision x solstice pods to hook up as rock lights. Needless to say I don't have enough because you can never have enough lol